Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Worth The Risk, by Robin Bielman - Author Interview & Review


Today I have a real treat for you! 


Not only do I get to share Worth The Risk,  a great romance novella, but I am honored to have the author Robin Bielman here to answer some questions and share a top secret recipe with us. So grab a cup of coffee and get to know this great author a little better.


I love romance and the idea of second chances!  Sometime things don't go right the first time. Have you ever wondered if you already found Mr. Right but just didn't realize it? If you are looking for a great book to enjoy while on vacation, the beach or at home on your own "stay-cation", be sure to read Worth The Risk. Don't let the novella scare you away. There is a whole lot of passion, swooning and overall fun packed into a mere 92 pages. With a kiss to knock the reader's socks off and vibrant writing, I can't wait to see what Robin Bielman will serve up next.


________________________________


Thanks so much for having me at Adventures In All Things Food, Andrea! I’m happy
to be here to talk about writing and share one of my family’s favorite recipes with
you and your readers.

My debut novella, Worth the Risk, is out now from Entangled Publishing.

Their love was ancient history...until their paths crossed again.

Samantha Bennett put Dean Malloy out of her mind five years ago, when he broke her heart after a summer fling. But now he's back in her life, and ready to steal a heritage protection contract that could make or break her career--if he doesn't steal her heart first.
Samantha's vowed to hate him, but it's more than anger heating the competition between them.

With sparks flying across the conference table and sizzling in every touch, Dean proposes a weekend liaison. Anything to have Sam again; anything to get her out of his system. But the unresolved feelings between them complicate both their personal and professional lives, and one wild weekend could turn into a disaster that would destroy the one job that means more to Samantha than anything. For a shot at love...is it worth the risk?

You can read the first two chapters of Worth the Risk.

Buy the Book on Amazon or at Books on Board

Q1. What was your inspiration for your main character, Samantha?
A: I had so much fun writing Samantha. I wanted to write someone who was smart
and competent, but who was also vulnerable with the same uncertainties we all
have. She’s a bit of a klutz, too, which I hope makes her someone readers can
instantly relate to.

Q2. Where is your favorite place to write?
A: My favorite place to write is in my office at home. I love my messy desk. I love
having everything I need right at my fingertips. And I love that my dog Harry is
always at my feet keeping me company.

Q3. When did you decide to become a storyteller?
A: I started writing fiction a little more than five years ago.

Q4. Why romance? What inspired you to work in that genre?
A: When I decided to pursue romantic fiction, I’d been working as a freelance
writer writing stories about brides and weddings. A co-worker read my articles
and asked if I’d ever thought about writing a romance novel, and if not, then I
should. A little bell went off in my head and I immediately knew that was exactly
what I wanted to do! When I thought about what I liked best in books and TV
and movies, it was always the romance. I love happily ever afters.

Q5. What author inspires you and your writing the most?
A: I’ve been inspired by so many authors! Most recently, though, it’s my fellow
Entangled authors that inspire me the most. They are super supportive, smart,
kind, and their books are wonderful!

There are several mentions of food in Worth the Risk (did I mention I love to eat?) and since this blog is full of so many awesome recipes, I thought I’d share my TOP SECRET (that’s right, I don’t give this recipe out to anyone, so, shh!) recipe for Gooey Bars.

Here goes…

You’ll need:
1 egg
1 box yellow cake mix
1 cube butter, melted

Mix together and pat into bottom of a greased 9x13 pan.

Next, you’ll need:
2 eggs, beaten
1 8oz. package of cream cheese, softened
1 1 lb. box of powdered sugar

Beat together for 5 minutes at medium speed. Pour over crust (cake mixture).

Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until light brown. Take out of the oven
and sprinkle with additional powdered sugar. (The filling may fall after taking out of
the oven, but don’t worry, it will still taste yummy.)

Cool completely before cutting. (Actually, these are best if made the day before
serving.)

Enjoy!

P.S. You can use any kind of cake mix. I’ve used lemon, chocolate, spice, but the
yellow is the best.

Robin Bielman lives in Southern California, a bike ride away from the ocean if she’s
feeling really adventurous. She loves books and baking and running on the treadmill
while watching her favorite TV shows. When she’s not reading or writing her next story,
she’s spending time with her high school sweetheart husband and two sons, most likely
watching, playing, or discussing baseball. She drives too fast, drinks too much caffeine,
and if every day were Cupcake Day, she’d be a happy camper! She loves to connect with
readers. You can find her online here:

Website: http://www.robinbielman.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/RobinBielmanWriter
Twitter: @RobinBielman
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/robinbielman


I do have one copy of Worth the Risk to give away! Leave a comment below telling me why you would like to win a digital copy. One lucky reader will be drawn 5/29.
Pin It

9 comments:

  1. Hi Andrea! Thanks again for having me! And thanks so much for your kind words about Worth the Risk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!! And can I say how much I love your MC being competent and klutzy LOL. So endearing to have that little flaw so many of us can relate to :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel! Thanks for stopping by! We've all got a little bit of klutz in us, don't we? I know I do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that recipe sounds delicious! And count me in for the klutziness too. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tiffany! Thanks so much for commenting! Hands down, gooey bars are the yummiest cookie bar out there! (At least I think so.) :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Robin, I loved learning more about you. My dogs lay at my feet as I write too...it's usually nice and quiet excerpt for their snoring. lol

    Congrats on your release, I just added it to my TBR list on goodreads :)

    And your recipe sounds naughty, but yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine! Thanks so much for adding me on goodreads! :D I love that your dogs snore! And yes, the recipe is naughty, but so worth it!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Thanks so much for the recipe! Yum!

    I'd love to read the rest of the book - thank you for the two chapters, but, but, but... I need more, LOL.

    bas1chsemail at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I'm so happy you enjoyed the first two chapters! Thanks so much for reading them and for stopping by!

      Delete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!