Thursday, October 11, 2012

Cinderella -So Many Ways to Celebrate Fairytale Magic #DisneyPrincessWMT



Did you get a chance to attend the Walmart Retailtainment Event on October 6th?

As I mentioned in my previous Cinderella post we made sure my daughter had the perfect dress and purchased supplies for our upcoming Princess Party - #DisneyPrincessWMT. You can see a recap of our Walmart shopping trip in my Google+ album

One October 6th we drove up to Eugene to buy our copy of the Cinderella Diamond Edition and see what fun was going on in the participating store. We found the table, marked with Cinderella balloons, near the middle of the store. There were cupcakes, hand-outs, Cinderella product displays and information on the Royal Ball Augmented Reality App 2.0. In fact most of the trigger points were right there next to the event table. I had fun trying it out with my family and the woman working the event. She had just downloaded the app herself and was curious to hear what I thought about it. My children were most excited about the coloring pages they received and the blue Cinderella ring that topped the cupcakes.


Both my husband and I downloaded the app to compare differences between the iPhone and Droid versions. They were similar, but he was able to unlock more new dresses at the dress shop by finding trigger points on the princess dresses display than I was.

In the app you are invited to The Royal Ball. There are 3 stops along the map, each has activities to do with your little princess to build excitement for the movie. We played around with the Princess Boutique stop at home. This part allowed my daughter to design her perfect outfit; dress, crown, necklace and shoes. Afterwards I had the option to take a picture of my daughter in her chosen outfit, save it, share it or print it at Walmart location.


Then at the Carriage Shop stop on the map it gave us the chance to take another picture, this time inside Cinderella's carriage. It also asked us to scan the front of the Cinderella Diamond Edition DVD revealing a 3-D picture of her carriage.


My daughter loved this! Okay, I did too. I love interactive packaging. 

The final stop on the map is the Royal Palace. Once you have selected your dress, and designed your carriage it is time to dance at the ball. Dance along with the app and other princesses by following the arrows and directions on the screen. My daughter enjoyed dancing all around our living room with it.

Now that we had our DVD, it was time to have our princess party. Luckily we had a list of lovely princesses to invite to our "ball".


I wanted to create a fun and magical party for all the princesses attending. I asked them all to come dressed in their favorite princess dresses, but just in case someone had nothing to wear (or needed a quick change) I offered up several outfits, crowns, rings and other princess-perfect accessories in a big dress up trunk near the entryway.


I tried to keep the decorations blue or white and created large tissue paper pom-poms to hang on the wall above our food table. The main table displayed the cookies, dips and fruit, while we had the sandwich bar along one counter in the kitchen.


I was happy to offer all the young ladies a wide variety of fresh fruit and vegetables. That seems to be a safe choice for little fingers and picky eaters. Since I wasn't planning on making cupcakes for this party, I decorated a cupcake tower to hold cupcake liners filled with grapes, instead. The tower was topped with a mini-pumpkin and the decorating set we were given during the Walmart in-store Retailtainment Event.


Of course we had to have sugar cookies for the party. I made a simple sugar cookie, my go-to recipe, with royal icing and cut-out both glass slippers and crowns. I opted for a light blue, in honor of Cinderella, periwinkle gel paste from Wilton. I also topped with silver sanding sugar, heart sprinkles and accented with thick white royal icing. What do you think?


I am currently in love with colored paper straws and found some in Cinderella blue and light grey stripes. Paired with Cinderella plates, cups, a blue tablecloth and star confetti from Walmart, it completed our princess table.

I am not sure we really needed Cinderella as an excuse to all get together and dress up. Little girls just love their princess dress-up clothes. I enjoy you can find them in any color and size.


I loved seeing all the little girls dressed up. One of the youngest girls even came decked out in a little flower girl dress and her mom dressed up as well!

Many of the girls had seen Cinderella before, but it was my daughter's first time to watch it. She loved it and I remembered how beautiful this movie really is for young children. So magical, so cute and nothing to scare them or give them nightmares later. I appreciate that since my son is easily frightened by movie villains.


It was such a lovely group of princesses, and one prince charming. Really, my son didn't mind.


So this is how we celebrated the return of Cinderella, how will you celebrate? Check how other families are celebrating at playnexplore.com.

You can connect with Disney on TwitterCinderella on Facebook and also like the Disney Princess Facebook page to stay in the loop.

*Disclaimer - I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Disney Consumer Products, Inc. #CBias #SocialFabric . All opinions and experiences are my own.
Andrea
Pin It

9 comments:

  1. great pictures! looks like a really fun event!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! I loved Cinderella when I was a little girl, I'm glad to see she's still popular! The app sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cookies are AWESOME! You did such a great job with this party. I love Cinderella. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, my granddaughters would have loved that! What a fun time for your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. O-M-G! That is so precious. I love the decorations - you put so much work into it and I am sure - the kids had fun

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have loved that shopping experience with my little princesses. Great job on the party too, they all look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun is that. My daughter got her first Disney Princess vehicle for her birthday last month, and now she is all about the princesses lol. Party looked like a blast. Movie may be in some little girl's stocking this year :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this was a GREAT party! Also - I love paper straws too, they fit in with this perfectly. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!