Tuesday, November 6, 2012

November of Thanks - Being a SAHM

You can keep up with my daily thankfulness on Facebook. Highlights I will sharing here on the blog. As always, let me know what you are thankful for. It is a great time of year to think about all we have and the people who care about us.

Today I am thankful for being able to stay home with my children.

Okay, I will never try to say that being a SAHM is glamorous. In fact, if we are all dressed by 10 am, it is a great day. Things run slowly, there are messes, crying and fighting, but I can watch and enjoy my children anytime I want.

I remember working up until my son was born. When I thought about maternity leave I felt guilty. I didn't want to sit at a desk adorned with pictures of my children. I wanted to be living those moments. Like many young families we didn't know how we would be able to afford a new baby on one income.

We took the leap. Okay, it was a bit more complicated than that, but my husband and I decided to try it.

It's not easy. We don't go out as much, I cook at home to save money and our budget is tight, but we are working on it.

I know it is a blessing not all parents can afford these days. So, even though some days leave me in tears or on my last frayed nerve, I am thankful for this opportunity. Yes, I am thankful to stay at home with my family.

What are you thankful for today?

Andrea
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!