Thursday, December 13, 2012

Time for a Just Dance Disney Party - Songs For the Whole Family Review


Thank you to Ubisoft for sponsoring this post. Please click here to learn more about Ubisoft. I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective. #UbiChamps

I love the Just Dance games for XBox 360 Kinect. I have amassed several different versions and still fidn it to be a great way to have fun and get my sweat on alone or with my family. This latest edition was perfect for getting my kids in on the dancing fun. With classics I grew up with, to Disney channel's current popular shows, this game has a wide variety of music sure to please all the dancers in your family.


From the moment this game arrived my kids were excited. They recognized many of their favorite characters/movies on the cover. My daughter was excited to dance to music from Bolt and Cinderella, while my son was begging to try the Phineas and Ferb song first.


This game requires the Kinect sensor for the XBox 360, which means you don't have to hold or try to dance with a remote or hand held sensor. I think this makes it easy enough for even my 3-year old to understand and enjoy.

There are a collection of dances to choose from. Just sign in and use your hand to navigate the menu.


There are so many choices on how to play. Parents can set up boundaries, kids can each have their own playlist of favorites, your can choose a non-stop shuffle perfect for a dance party marathon or just dance. My youngest also enjoyed the shake and freeze options you can try on your favorite songs. An icon pops up to tell you to "shake" and then a stop sign will appear when you should "freeze". You can choose this option before starting your dance.


My son loved dancing along to "S.I.M.P. (Squirrels in My Pants)", and I thought the lyrics were pretty funny too. My daughter even got all dressed up in her Cinderella dress to dance to "Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo". With Disney being a favorite in our house this is a dance game I see them choosing over and over on game night.


My favorite part of the game is that it registers small children and gives them credit for all movement. Even when my kids start free-styling to the music. This really is exercise disguised and perfect for the Winter months when it is too muddy here in Oregon to get out and play.


Just Dancce Disney Party is rated E for Everyone,  for 1-4 players.

Order it on Amazon or Toys R Us today.

A great last-minute Christmas gift idea or stocking stuffer for the Disney fan in your family. I highly recommend trying it out for yourself. This game really gives you no excuse not to get up and Just Dance.
Andrea
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I know se people that would love this game for Christmas. I'm not sure which games they have but they have some other dance games for the 360. http://www.lifeofamadtyper.com/

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!