Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Chronicles of Trellah, By T.S. Graham - Book Review

The Chronicles of Trellah, Book One: The Perpetual Rain

The Chronicles of Trellah"The World's Toughest Book Critics" have weighed in, and it's high praise for Trellah!

"An excellent choice for readers eager for a suspenseful, emotionally satisfying fantasy adventure." -Kirkus Book Reviews

 Fourteen-year-old Sophina Murray will be the first to tell you: Bad luck comes in threes. First, her father is lost at sea. Then, the rains start . And don't stop. And finally, her little brother is taken from his bed by a monster straight from her worst nightmare. A glimpse into the parallel universe of Trellah - a land of giant trees, bizarre creatures, and a glowing red mineral with mystical properties - convinces Sophina that all may not be lost. But first, she'll have to survive in a hostile world where her darkest fears live and breathe.

 Trellah is an original and realistic fantasy for ages 12 to 112. Parental guidance suggested for advanced readers ages 10-11 for moderate elements of horror.

You can still enter the book tour giveaway on my previous post HERE. It is running for another 24 days, and you can win a $100 Amazon gift card.

My review:
I think I expect a little less from a YA approved story, especially an adventure. This book, The Chronicles of Trellah by T.S. Graham, was not what I expected at all! In all fairness, this quick read (164 pages) is advertised for a wide audience of all ages, but when I hear it is also for YA readers I expect simplicity and lack of detail.

Written with clear and beautiful imagery this story captivated me. Here is one example of the author's amazing writing:
This wind had more than teeth -it had venomous fangs that numbed her skin with their cold bite (pg. 14).
The story was well written and I was on the edge of my seat to see what would happen to Sophina. The story was suspenseful enough to keep me reading without being too scary and explicit in the realm of horror. I loved how ominous and threatening the storm was to start the story. For me, nothing is scarier than natural occurrences we can't predict or control.

I highly recommend this story and am excited to see what T.S. Graham will pen next. I would love to hear what you think of it if you get the chance to read it. Be sure to come back and leave me a comment with your thoughts.

Purchase this book on Amazon.
 Follow T.S. Graham Website | Facebook | GoodReads 

*Disclaimer -  I was sent a digital copy to review through Promotional Book Tours. All opinions are my own.
Andrea
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Useful information. Foгtunate mе I discoveгed your webѕіte by chance,
    and Ι am shocked ωhy this accident
    didn't came about in advance! I bookmarked it.

    Here is my blog article submitter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm intrigued by a strong heroine and the world-building!

    vitajex(at)aol(Dot)com

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!