Monday, April 15, 2013

Fabulous Etsy Find - Coming Home Outfit for Elliott

I love baby shopping. One of the most important items to me is a cute and memorable 'coming home outfit'. For me it is about the first photos taken and something I hand picked for my new baby.

With my oldest I spent months and found a cute little layette outfit from Jack & Janie with a little embroidered lion on it. No, my husband didn't understand why it meant so much to me, but it had to be just right. I put a lot of love and thought into what I pack in my hospital bag and the first outfit is something I want to always remember.

With my daughter I never found anything I was 100% happy with. I settled for a cute purple flower outfit, but it wasn't personalized.

This time around? My searches were coming up empty, so I turned to Etsy.


As fate would have it, this set sold us on both the clothes and the name. Elliott had been one of our top choices, but seeing it online was the final push we needed. This came from Pitter Patter Lane Children's Boutique. I am also getting a sleep gown embroidered for him. I am sure family members will appreciate the personalized clothing for their first visit with the new baby.

The original set had one onesie, hat, a burp cloth, blanket and drool bib, but the Etsy shop owner was happy to create a private listing for me with exactly what I wanted. That is one of my favorite things about Etsy. I love having conversations with the owners and being able to customize my order. She was amazingly helpful.

If you are looking for a great coming home outfit, or amazing baby shower gift, take a peak at all the sets Pitter Patter Lane has listed in their shop. Great fabrics, great service and about a 3 week turnaround for handmade baby outfits.

I can't wait to show these items off with my new baby!
Andrea
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Awe this is so cute! Love the name Elliott and the boutique name Pitter Patter Lane is too cute also!

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!