Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Almond Joy Baked Doughnuts - My Way to Start The Day! #Spon

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.

#whatsyourid

Mornings...

Gone are the days of opening my eyes with the sun, a gentle song on my old clock radio or even a kiss from my darling husband. Now, I am more likely to meet with either a stray hand to the face, from my toddler, or the question of, "Mommy, are you awake yet?"

I prefer the latter, but if I am not quick enough to respond it is usually accompanied with a few pointed pokes to the face or the soft fleshy parts of my throat. Yeah, mornings are just not what they used to be!

A wake-up call like this is sure to leave me feeling less than chipper, so I have learned to combat it with a great cup of coffee and a little treat for myself.

International Delight

Recently asked, "What's your I.D."? I quickly responded with Almond Joy International Delight. My mornings may no longer be as sweet and peaceful as they used to be, but I can still add a little sweetness to my breakfast routine.

In order to go with my tasty cup of coffee, I decided to create a fun and easy baked doughnut to really treat myself. 

Have you ever made doughnuts?

There is nothing quite like a fresh warm doughnut, but when I first tried making a batch at home I was not too pleased with the lingering grease smell from our fryer. It hung around in our small apartment for days. When I found out about doughnut pans for baking them instead, I was over the moon. The recipes tend to be even simpler to make than yeast doughnuts that are fried. They do turn out more like a cake doughnut, but I don't need the extra oil in my diet anyway. I promise with this recipe, you won't miss it. Here I combined one of my favorite coconut doughnut recipes with a lovely semi-sweet chocolate ganache that uses the Almond Joy International Delight Creamer, I am also using in my coffee,  in place of the cream.

Almond Joy Doughnuts

Almond Joy Baked Doughnuts

You Will Need:
  • 1/2 c. pastry flour
  • 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 c. coconut cream powder
  • 2 Tbsp. potato flakes
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1 large egg, at room temperature
  • 6 Tbsp. water
  • 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
  • 1/4 tsp. coconut extract
Toppings & Glaze:
  • sliced almonds
  • mini chocolate chips
  • sweetened shredded coconut
  • 1 c. semi sweet chocolate chips
  • 4 Tbsp. Almond Joy International Delight Creamer
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease a standard 6-doughnut pan.

In a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.

Baked Doughnuts

In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients. Add this all at once to the dry ingredients and stir gently until combined.



Divide the batter equally between the 6 wells. It will take about 1/4 c. of batter in each. Bake the doughnuts for 15 minutes until they are slightly golden on top.

doughnut pan

After you take them out of the oven, go around the side of each form with a rubber spatula to loosen it. Let them cool completely on a wire rack before glazing.


To make the glaze: in a microwave safe bowl, steam the creamer. Pour the warm creamer over the semi sweet chocolate chips and stir until melted and the chocolate looks smooth and shiny.

International Delight

Dip each cooled doughnut in the glaze and sprinkle with sliced almonds, coconut and mini chocolate chips.

#whatsyourid

Enjoy!

Now, I want to hear what your ID is! Head on over to whatsyourid.com to create your own flavor profile, share with friends and be entered to win some great prizes just for sharing. Be proud and show me what area you represent and what your favorite flavor is. Are you a fellow Almond Joy fan, like me?

What's Your ID? International Delight is looking for their most passionate flavor fans. Put your ID on the map to enter to win a Magical Trip, play games and discover more unexpected delight. Share your ID flavor at http://whatsyourid.com.

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.

Andrea
Pin It