Saturday, June 22, 2013

Looking for a Unique Gift or Baby Sweater? Try Nancy's Needlework

*Disclaimer - I received an item for Nancy's Needlework for the purpose of this review. This post was made possible by Mom Spark Media. Thoughts are my own. 

Baby Photo

As I have mentioned, I have spent a fair amount of time shopping on Etsy over the past year to prepare for baby #3. I love to knit and craft myself, but between 1st trimester morning sickness and 3rd trimester fatigue, I didn't get as far along in my baby projects as I would have liked. Thank goodness my baby blanket squares are all knitted up, I just need to block and sew them together. Elliott arrived last week and now I am too busy to start any new projects for a while.

But, I am not the only one I know having a baby right now. My little nephew is going to be one year old next month, we have friends who are expecting, others who are TTC, and I am going to be an aunt again in January. So it is back to Etsy to help me supply one-of-a-kind hand-made items for all these precious babies in my life.

I was excited to learn about Nancy's Needlework on Etsy. She had her Grand Opening in May and has already created some lovely items. You can find her shop under 'nwisman'. I don't proclaim to be a skilled knitter and still have two unfinished baby sweaters on the needles. But, I do appreciate the time and effort that goes into producing these adorable items. Nancy's work though is a great alternative to me struggling to finish those sweaters in time.


The sweater set I was sent is knitted out of a soft cotton, making it easier to launder and dry for baby. That is going to come in handy since this little guy tends to spit up a lot.  I love the self-striping green to white yarn she used. I think it is going to look great with Elliott's coloring. This set is for a baby age 3-6 months which should hit perfectly for him to wear during this Fall and Winter seasons.

The hat and sweater are both beautifully made. As a knitter, I can appreciate the skill it takes to create such even tension and join it smoothly at the seams.


For hand knitted items, I was thrilled with the pricing. For the amount of time and love put into these garments, I see it as well worth it. Also, check out her sidebar for requesting custom items. One of the things I love so much about Etsy is talking to the crafters and artists and finding out if they can make what I am looking for. I would also love this sweater in a self-striping dark blue.


The details and seams are beautiful. The cotton yarn is soft and great for small children and their messes.

Nancy's Needlework

This set I am keeping for my own baby, but after browsing Nancy's shop, I might have to snag a few of her other patterns for my nephew and to give as baby shower gifts. I really like the toddler sweater embellished with sheep.

Also check out her variety of cross stitch samplers.

What do you think? Doesn't Elliott look handsome?


You can also connect with @NancyWisman on Twitter and Nancy's Needlework on Facebook.

*Disclaimer - I received an item for Nancy's Needlework for the purpose of this review. This post was made possible by Mom Spark Media. Thoughts are my own. 
Andrea
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!