Wednesday, September 18, 2013

5 Tips for Dating Your Husband with Stouffer's Satisfying Skillets

I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community. I enlisted the help of Stouffer's Satisfying Skillets to get the dinner conversation going on date night. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and its client.  #Dinner4Two


5 Tips for Dating Your Husband #Dinner4Two - Adventures in All Things Food & Family

Over 12 years of marriage to this guy and I realize I have been out of the dating scene for a long time. Remember meeting and talking to new people? The thrill of real conversation over dinner? Over the past several years I have fallen into a comfortable routine with my husband, nothing glamorous just comfortable. When it comes to date night I think I have become a little rusty. My role of as Mom has overshadowed our table for two. Well, I think things need to change. #Dinner4Two

No one likes to look at their spouse across the table in awkward silence, right?


Out of dating practice - #Dinner4Two #shop

Once upon a time, I dated this guy in high school. We used to talk for hours. I am not even sure what we talked about, but he made me laugh. Conversation was an important part of our relationship. When we were first married we made dinner together every night. Just the two of us in the kitchen. We discussed our day and interests. We watched and talked about movies. You know, real movies with real people?


The guy I fell in love with. Reconnect with 5 Tips for Dating Your Husband  #Dinner4Two #shop

Fast forward a few years and the guy who asked me to Senior Prom still has a great sense of humor. He still has opinions and can make me laugh. The only problem is time alone together is a luxury. Busy days and more responsibilities have taken their toll. The guy sitting across from me at dinner has changed, and I want to catch up and reconnect.

So it's time for a date. Well, probably long overdue, but anyway...

For date night success I turned to Facebook for my wingman. I asked fans and friends to let me know how they get the conversation started on date night. I had some great responses. Check out what I compiled below:

Top 5 Tips for Dating Your Husband

  1. Get rid of distractions. Turn off the cellphones! Step away from Facebook, Twitter and email for date night. If you can't tear yourself away for the whole date, set a time frame to be unplugged. Whether you put the smartphone on silent for 15 minutes, or a half an hour, be sure your spouse knows they are the most important person during your date.
  2. Focus on each other. Don't talk about anyone else. Talk about current events, interests or even football, but keep the focus on the two of you.
  3. Dwell on the good stuff. Bring up good memories or "...remember when we...?" moments. No negativity, nagging or problem solving. Keep it fun and enjoyable.
  4. Listen. Tomorrow's to-do list can wait, enjoy the sound of your spouses voice and listen.
  5. Practice Makes Perfect. Plan your next date night right away. Schedule the sitter in advance so you won't be tempted to put it off. Dating gets easier with time. Now you have at least one great date night to build on.

Stouffer's skillet dinner has dinner covered, you supply the conversation - #Dinner4Two #shop

Now that the conversation is flowing, you will need a good meal to enjoy it with. I love finding something easy we can both enjoy. I found this Stouffer's Satisfying Skillets at my local Walmart. Everything I needed to create a delicious Grilled Asiago Chicken & Penne Pasta dinner was included in the bag. I just needed to heat it in a skillet.


One bag, one skillet for a romantic dinner #Dinner4Two #shop


Veggies, chicken, pasta and sauce were ready to go. It doesn't require any prep work or thawing of meat, so it can be prepared at the last minute. I paired this quick meal with fresh bread, salad and a bottle of wine. It was the perfect recipe for an inexpensive and fun date night at home.

Pair dinner with salad, fresh bread and wine. Get the conversation flowing #Dinner4Two #shop


I even pulled out linen napkins and stemware to set the stage for our date. Dinner was ready for the table in about 20 minutes. Most of the cooking time was spent simmering so I was free to work on the sides while I waited.

It was one of the best frozen meals I have purchased based on taste and preparation. I will definitely keep a bag or two handy in our freezer for future date nights. I would rather concentrate on fitting in regular date nights than worrying about what to serve.


Do you date your spouse? What tips do you have?

Andrea
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!