Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Holiday Appetizers Made Easy with Rich’s SeaPak Spring Rolls

I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community.I created an easy holiday appetizer with Rich's SeaPak Spring Rolls and various dips to share with friends and family. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and its client. #PakTheParty




The holiday entertaining season is upon us!

Every year we attend a big holiday party in my husband's aunt's house. She invites friends, family, neighbors and coworkers to drop by, bring their favorite dish and mingle. Every inch of the house is covered with platters of food, cookies, cheese balls and Crock-Pots before too long. So many options to choose from.

Of course the real trick is deciding what to bring. This year my biggest requirement is that any food I offer to make for the party has to be fast, delicious and easy. I mean, I also have 3 kids underfoot this year.


I am excited because I may have found the perfect option to #PakTheParty this year. Have you ever tried these Rich’s SeaPak Spring Rolls? I found them in Walmart's frozen seafood section.

I am a big fan of spring rolls and shrimp, so it is a match made in heaven for me. Of course, being on the Oregon Coast I am a little skeptical of frozen seafood, but these little appetizers really delivered.

My Mom is currently visiting from Florida, near where SeaPak seafood is from, and we decided to try them out with a few customized dipping sauces. They were an easy meal idea for the two of us. I suggested one with an Asian flair, and she requested a peanut sauce. We decided it was the perfect easy meal idea to enjoy between activities with the kids.


Neither was difficult to assemble. I was able to make the peanut sauce up in the blender, while the other just required a little hand whisking. The package also came with two packets of sweet chili sauce, a favorite of mine. I think sauces make a dish and having three options allows for a wide party appeal for guests.


Thai Peanut Sauce

You Will Need:
  • 1/2 c. peanut butter
  • 1 Tbsp. Thai red curry paste
  • 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
  • 1/2 c. warm water
Add all the ingredients into the blender and mix till smooth. Add more warm water to create desired consistency.


Garlic & Ginger Sauce

You Will Need:
  • 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
  • 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
  • 1/2 c. orange juice
  • 1 Tbsp. fresh grated ginger
  • 4 garlic cloves, grated
  • green onion, thinly sliced *optional
  • red chili flakes *optional
Whisk together the first 5 ingredients until well incorporated. Top the dipping sauce bowl with a few green onions and a pinch of red chili flakes.

For more great recipe ideas, be sure to check out SeaPak's Facebook page, or sign up for their Coastal Catch mailing list.


After creating the sauces, I baked up the spring rolls. Just around 8 minutes per side, they came out perfectly crunchy and golden brown. I was really excited to try one out.


On my first bite I found a big piece of baby shrimp. The wrapper was crisp, the veggies and rice noodles inside were delicious. Of course it all went for a big dip with the sauce.

Around the table we all chose a different sauce as our favorite. I am still partial to the sweet chili sauce, but the garlic ginger was really nice as well.


Want to try these spring rolls out for yourself? There will be an upcoming product demo in Walmart stores on December 8th, between 1pm and 5pm,  for Rich's SeaPak Spring Rolls. Stop by and see how they would make a great addition to your holiday spread.

Even Ladies Home Journal listed them as one of "The 15 Best Frozen Appetizers to Serve at a Party".
Be sure to check out all the great ideas on SeaPak's Pinterest boards.

What are your go-to dinner party recipes for the holidays?
Andrea
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!