Saturday, March 22, 2014

Anything but Boring! My Month of Salad Swaps with Fresh Express

I received free products from the sponsor of the Moms Meet(SM) program, May Media Group LLC, who received it directly from the manufacturer. As a Moms Meet blogger, I agreed to try and post about this product. My opinions and experiences are my own and do not reflect the opinions of May Media Group LLC, or the product manufacturer.


Does the idea of 30 days of salad make your cringe? Do you get tired of the "same old, same old" lettuce and tomato sides?

I have to admit that I have found myself in that rut several times but this past month I have renewed my appreciation and love of a good salad. Now I am convinced it is all about what goes into your salad. How do you build your salad?

Usually I grab a bag of salad mix at the grocery store and then some sweet bell peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms and occaisionally an avocado. Yes, that means all my salads pretty much taste the same. No wonder I would rather eat a cheeseburger.



Throwing caution to the wind, I downloaded the Fresh Express 30 Day #saladswap App for my iPhone. I mean, at Free, I couldn't really go wrong, right?

Fresh Express is available at both Target and my local grocery store, and it is the bag I grab when I want either an easy salad kit or a ready-to-eat bagged salad mix. They are washed, rinsed, and gently dried, then sealed in a patented “Keep-Crisp®” breathable bag.

I love the wide variety of salad options.

Making all these salads actually showed me that changing up my bagged salad preference can make an old salad taste new again. I always grabbed the Spring Mix before, but now I have some new favorites for my family including the Sweet Butter and Veggie Lover's mixes.


Okay, the App gave me a list of options for swapping out my favorite high calorie foods for a sensible, but delicious salad. And there were so many great options including this Cheeseburger Salad recipe to replace and save calories from a traditional burger. The little meatballs were a perfect to satisfy my tastebuds and all my favorite cheeseburger components were on one plate.

Signing up at saladswap.com also gave me access to a progress tracker (keeping track of all those great salad swaps I am making!), motivation along my journey and even some Fresh Express coupons. Who doesn't love coupons? The website resources along with the App on my phone, got me ready to dig into some great salads. Check out the site for more information.


All these great salads even inspired me to create something new at home. Here is my Mandarin Orange Sesame Chicken salad using pre-cooked chicken strips, mandarin orange segments, Fresh Express Sweet Butter Lettuce mix, slivered almonds and sesame ginger dressing. I highly recomend it. And there isn't a tomato in sight.

Now, my 30 days are not up, but I wanted to share the fun so you can sign up and start on your own salad swaps. Head over to the site, saladswap.com or download the App and then head over to grab a coupon from Moms Meet to get you started. While you are there, check out Moms Meet, a fun place where eco-minded parents meet. There is some great information and products being discussed there.

Connect with Fresh Express on Facebook and Pinterest for even more inspiration and product information.

What would like to swap?

Andrea
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!