Thursday, May 22, 2014

DIY FOE Strawberry Headband


Now you can create a headband to go with every outfit and every season! Now that it is strawberry season I created this sweet little strawberry headband for my daughter. #TBCcrafters

I chose to stitch my strawberry into place and also tacked the elastic together for added durability. I know my daughter is going to be taking this off and on to adjust it frequently.


You will need:
  • colored "FOE" (fold over elastic)
  • a felt or fabric embelishment of your choice
  • a needle and coordinating thread


It is easiest to measure the elastic to your child's head. Slightly strech the FOE as you measure it so it will fit comfortably, and snugly in place. I wrote down my daughter's size so I can make her more later. I know she will find other outfits that need an accessory.

Then you can either knot the end of the foe and tack it down with a few stitches, or stiched the ends together on your sewing machine. The knot or seam will be hidden under hair, so don't worry about it.

Then attach your embelishment with a few stitches.

See, wasn't that easy?


What kind of headband will you make?


Andrea
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!