Tuesday, August 5, 2014

My Keurig® Makes Oatmeal? Now it Does with Nature Valley™ Bistro Cups

Disclosure: The information and prize pack have been provided by General Mills through Platefull Co-Op. All opinions and experiences are my own. #BistroCups #PlatefullCoOp 


I enjoy a warm cup of oatmeal year 'round. It is one of the few things that truly keeps me feeling full till lunchtime. When I heard that there was an actual Keurig Oatmeal option, I knew I had to try it for myself. I mean, my Keurig may just be the most important appliance in my whole kitchen.

Shhhh... don't tell the other appliances.


No, it is even more sophisticated than just putting hot water from the Keurig over a bowl of instant oatmeal. I was sent both new flavor options, Nature Valley Apple Cinnamon Almond and Brown Sugar Pecan Bistro Cups which was perfect because my husband and I are a house divided.

He thinks Apple and Cinnamon oatmeal is the only flavor worth eating.

I think Brown Sugar and Pecans are the bee's knees.

I guess now we can both be happy.

The box contains 3 servings with 3 parts to each serving. There is the Bistro cup with all the cinnamon and flavors, a packet of oats and in the case of the Brown Sugar Pecan Bistro Cup, there were dried cherries, cranberries and pecans to mix in.


Making a cup of oatmeal was easy! First I put the contents of the oatmeal packet in my mug,  inserted the Bistro Cup and selected the 6 oz. setting on my machine. After my cup "brewed" I stirred in the mix-ins and waited a minute for the oatmeal to set up.

I really enjoyed that these whole grain oats were not broken down or mushy Quick foods often loose quality, but these were still intact. They were nuttyand had a good "bite" to them after being cooked. It was a great option for a fast morning meal.

These would be perfect for keeping in a desk at work, if you have access to an office Keurig sytem, or for taking on trips to visit family. I know everyone in my family owns a Keurig.

You can find these Nature Valley Bistro cups in the hot cereal aisle at Target. You can connect with Nature Valley on Facebook for product announcements and promotions.


Which Nature Valley Bistro Cup would you try? Apple Cinnamon Almond or Brown Sugar Pecan?
Andrea
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!