Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Biscoff Blossoms


Has the avalanche of delicious holiday cookies hit you yet?

I don't actually make tons of cookies during the holiday season, but I do try to select a few for us to enjoy. My husband loves his cookies. Usually peanut butter is king for cookie making in our house, but this year I wanted to put a little twist to our classic peanut butter blossoms by using our favorite Biscoff spread instead.


Oh, and I went to the dark side and grabbed Hershey's dark kisses to adorn the top.

Okay, you have tried Biscoff, right? Well, if you shop at Trader Joes they have their own Spekuloos cookies that is virtually the same, but I am partial to the original European Cookie Spread. My two oldest kids can't eat peanut butter, so we always have a jar of Biscoff handy for celery, graham crackers, apples, etc.


The cookies are super simple. Maybe that is the beauty of blossom cookies.




It is the standard cookie recipe with creaming and sifting and mixing. The difference is in how these cookies are formed and baked.


I use my smallest cookie scoop to achieve uniform sized cookies. I roll them in my hand a bit and then cover them in sugar.

I flatten mine out slightly, just slightly, when I place them on my cookie sheet. This way they don't roll around the baking sheet as I move them into the oven.


Once they bake, the chocolate kisses are pressed down into the warm cookie. It helps to have all the kisses unwrapped and ready to go for this step. You don't want the cookies to cool before the chocolate is added.


And there you have it... fabulous little Biscoff Blossoms to enjoy with your family.


Biscoff Blossoms

You Will Need:

  • 1/2 c. unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 3/4 c. creamy Biscoff spread
  • 1/3 c. dark brown sugar
  • 1/3 c. granulated sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 c. all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • Hershey's Kisses, unwrapped (around 50 depending on cookie size)
  • 1/3 c. granulated sugar for rolling

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

Begin by creaming together the softened butter, Biscoff and sugars in a stand mixer. Ad the egg and vanilla till just combined.

In a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients, flour, baking soda, and salt. Add all at once to the wet ingredients.

Use a small cookie scoop to create uniform balls. Roll in 1/3 cup granulated sugar and flatten slightly as you place them on a parchment or baking mat lined cookie sheet.

Bake  for about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and immediately push a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie. Transfer to a wire rack, careful not to disturb the melted chocolate, till they cool and the chocolate sets back up.

Enjoy!


Happy Holidays!
Andrea
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!