Thursday, March 19, 2015

Creating a Letter Marquee


One trend I am enjoying right now are the Marquee letters and signs. Have you made one yet? You might have seen ideas for making your own marquee on Pinterest. But, I found the easiest way to whip one up in just a few minutes.

While shopping with my daughter at Michael's, I spotted these Marquee letter kits and embelishment line from Heidi Swapp. Isn't this cute?


 They have everything from the paper letters to colored lights, glitter, washi tape and glue. I grabbed a "K" for our last name and a few supplies to get started on my own letter.


The basic letter comes with a paper letter, bulbs, light strand and a letter template.

I wrapped the silver striped tape around the outside edge of my letter. I used the edge of my scissors to smooth down the tape, and love that I could pull it up and re-position when necessary.


Then I moved onto coloring the inside of my letter with a little paint and silver, chunky glitter.


And then it was time to add the light bulb covers and lights. The bulb covers, which came in a variety of colors, fit in the front...


The battery pack, which takes 2 AAA batteries and string of lights, fits right in the back. It tucks away so the letter can be displayed anywhere!


After all the tutorials I have looked at, this is definitely the easiest way to get your customized Marquee letter fix.

So, what do you think? Have you tried making Marquee letters yet?






Andrea
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!