Tuesday, March 31, 2015

How Can I Create When I'm Hungry?

This SNICKERS® snack #WhenImHungry shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions and hunger-driven experiences are mine alone. #CollectiveBias


How do you act when you're hungry?

Okay, I'll go first... I am definitely Medusa when I am running on empty. Bad temper, and my glare could turn even the most well-intentioned to stone. I don't like to get to that point, but as a a busy Mom facing toddler tantrums, 100 questions and 200 issues that require a, "Mom!", I can run out of energy fast.

And there is no way I can create new recipe ideas or make new crafts to share here when my inner monster is running loose!

Yes, hunger can bring out the worst in us. SNICKERS® understands that at times we may act like divas, curmudgeons or even babies when we are hungry. They created a fun meme generator where you can show off who you become when you get a little "hangry". 

Enter the SNICKERS® "Who are you when you're hungry?" contest by uploading a personal photo or video from your Computer, Facebook, Instagram or use the SNICKERS® Meme Generator to create something new! Voting begins at Noon on 5/11/15 and ends at 11:59:59AM ET on 7/15/15.


I tend to not realize I'm hungry for a while, but my family sure understands the signs! I created this little .gif to show how I feel inside when I finally take time to grab something like a SNICKERS® bar.

Of course, making a .gif was only possible because I wasn't hungry...




SNICKERS® is one of my favorites and I just recently learned that my favorite snack comes in 3 other great flavors.  I picked up the SNICKERS® Extreme, Peanut Butter Squares, and SNICKERS® Almond on my last trip to Walmart. I wanted to have these stashed away for those moments when my family looks at me like I'm Medusa.



And since I often don't feel like myself in the late afternoon, when the kids are napping, I created my own little SNICKERS® Almond Berry Hungry Parfait.



SNICKERS® Almond Berry Hungry Parfait

You Will Need:
  • SNICKERS® Almond bar, chopped
  • Vanilla Bean Greek Yogurt
  • Frozen Blueberries
  • Cajeta to drizzle on top
Alternate layers of yogurt, chopped candy and blueberries, then drizzle with a little cajeta. 

This little treat is cold, creamy and sweet! This calms my inner Gorgon in no time!



You can pick up all the great SNICKERS® varieties right in the check-out aisle of your local Walmart. See more great SNICKERS® recipes and fun stories on the SNICKERS® social hub.

Now you know what I'm like when I'm hungry, what about you? Who do you become?



Andrea
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!