Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Bacon Lettuce Tomato Avocado Pizza

This tasty shop with new Hidden Valley Ranch Avocado flavor has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WhatsYourRanch #CollectiveBias


There is something about warmer weather that makes me dream of the perfect BLTA. You know, crisp and salty bacon, crunchy green lettuce, juicy tomatoes and creamy, rich avocados. It is just one of those light and satisfying meals that reminds me of a Summer afternoon. Simply and delicious is how I like my Summer.

We ate our fair share of those Bacon Lettuce Tomato Avocado sandwiches while I was growing up. I can still remember how good it smelled as the bacon crisped up.

Now with my own family, pizza seems to be the dinner of choice all year round. So, when I heard that Hidden Valley Ranch had a new Avocado flavor out in stores, I wanted to bring my beloved BLTA back with a little pizza twist.


Just in time for your own simple and delicious Summer meals, Hidden Valley Ranch has several new flavors out to enjoy. I grabbed both the Avocado and Sweet Chili flavors recently thinking they would make for some fun dinner twists.


The beauty of this meal is how simple it is. Grab yourself some pre-made pizza dough from the deli and with just 6 more ingredients, you can find yourself in BLTA Pizza bliss before you know it.


Start with your dough.

I decided to make smaller personal pizzas for this impromptu lunch date, but you could also go for the whole thing. Shape the dough into a thin crust then pop them into the oven to start to bake. I like to pre-bake my crusts a little before adding the sauce so they don't get soggy in the middle.


Then add a little Hidden Valley Ranch Avocado flavor dressing to the pre-baked dough. Brush a little on with a pastry brush.

Then pile on a handful of shredded mozzarella cheese. Pop the pizzas back into the oven to finish baking and melt the cheese.


Then you are ready for assembly. Grab some chopped romaine lettuce...


Then add on halved grape tomatoes, avocado slices, chopped bacon...


And then to really bring this BLTA together, a nice drizzle of Hidden Valley Ranch Avocado flavor dressing over the top.

Easy, simple and perfect for a weeknight treat. And if this dinner twist has you excited, there is a whole line of new twists on Hidden Valley Ranch's classic flavor. Be sure to check out all the fun going on and find out "What's Your Ranch".

 I grabbed a bottle the last time I was at Fred Meyer along with the other ingredients for this amazing pizza.



Bacon Lettuce Tomato Avocado Pizza

You will need:

  • pre-made pizza dough
  • Hidden Valley Ranch Avocado flavor
  • Mozzarella cheese, grated
  • romaine lettuce, chopped
  • grape tomatoes, halved
  • avocado, sliced
  • bacon, cooked and chopped
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees

Shape the pizza dough into personal pizza size. Bake for 5 minutes. 

Remove from the oven and brush the top of the crusts with Hidden Valley Ranch. Add shredded Mozzarella cheese and return to the oven for another 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the crust is cooked through.

Top with cold romaine lettuce, grape tomatoes, avocado slices and cooked bacon. Drizzle the top of the pizza with more Hidden Valley Ranch Avocado flavored dressing.

Enjoy! 



Now that you have seen how I used my Hidden Valley Ranch Avocado flavored dressing for a simple Summer meal, check out more great recipe ideas using Hidden Valley and let me know which ones you would like to try.


Andrea
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!