Friday, July 3, 2015

Blueberry Lemon Yogurt Freezer Pops

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Yoplait®. The opinions, experiences and text are all mine.


Summer came fast this year and this past week it has been really hot! Here in Oregon we are not used to all the triple digit weather and the forecast shows no relief coming. I had promised my kids a trampoline for summer and it arrived just in time for these sweltering temperatures to hit.

Despite the heat, my kids have been trying to get in as much time bouncing as possible. We have a misting hose set-up near one side and that helps, but when my kids come back inside in the afternoon they are both hot and hungry. I created an easy snack to give them both energy and cool them off at the same time! These Blueberry Lemon Yogurt Freezer Pops with Yoplait are easy to make and perfect for a hot day of fun.

That is definitely my idea of wholesome summer snacking!


We love Yoplait yogurt in this house. I really enjoy Yoplait Greek, but my husband is a traditionalist, he always choosesYoplait original. We found all our favorite flavors on our last shopping trip to Walmart. Walmart carries Yoplait Original, Light, Greek, and Gogurt®.


I grabbed a couple containers of Lemon Burst, my absolute favorite, to pair with local fresh blueberries and a little granola for added crunch. Whenever I make a dish with blueberries I always add a little lemon zest or juice. The two flavors complement each other so well!

And after a hot day of hard play, nothing is better than a cold, creamy yogurt freezer pop to cool off with.


Gather up your supplies and let's make some freezer pops!

To speed up the freezing process, I love to use frozen blueberries in my freezer pops, but you are welcome to use fresh, frozen or freshly frozen as you have available.

I wanted a little added crunch in these freezer pops, so I added a little maple almond granola to the bottom of my freezer pop tray as well as sprinkle the top with just a bit more before inserting the sticks to freeze.


I love how simple these are to make! My kids are always excited about frozen treats, and on hot days like these, this is how I like to snack on my favorite Yoplait yogurts.


Blueberry Lemon Yogurt Freezer Pops

You will need (makes 10 freezer pops):

  • 3 - 6oz Yoplait Original Lemon Burst yogurt
  • 1 c. blueberries
  • 1/2 c. of your favorite granola

Mix together the yogurt and blueberries.

Sprinkle a little granola in the bottom of each mold before filling. Sprinkle a little more granola on the top before replacing the lid and inserting sticks.

Freeze for at least 4 hours or until hard. To remove, run the bottom of the mold under a little tap water till loosened.

Enjoy!


Be sure to keep an eye out for in-store demos for Yoplait in select Walmart stores the weekend of July 10. If you get a chance to attend, I would love to hear all about it!

What ideas do you have for wholesome snacking this summer with Yoplait?


This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Yoplait®. The opinions and text are all mine.

Pin It