Thursday, July 23, 2015

Maple Brined Granola Pork Chops

I received complimentary product from Golden Girl Granola in order to create this recipe. All opinions and experiences are my own.


I love pork chops! Okay, I don't ever remember my Mom making them while I was growing up. Maybe that is why I love them so? I know the running joke about pork chops for dinner. Dry, leathery chops have never crossed my lips. No, all of my pork chop memories have been delicious ones.

In fact, I have quite a few recipes that I enjoy, but now I have a new one to introduce you to. I think you are going to really love these Maple Brined Granola Pork Chops!


Yes, you heard me. These chops are brined ahead to stay nice and juicey. Then they are encrusted in Golden Girl Granola for a wonderful crunchy texture. You may never want to touch bread crumbs again after trying these.

To get started you need thin cut pork chops.


I put my pork chops in a simple brine overnight. This extra step is definitely worth it!


The fun part of this recipe is using granola in a whole new way. Granola in a dessert? Sure! But, for dinner as the main course? That is something I haven't seen as often.

Golden Girl Granola is a family based granola business from Shirley, MA. You can see all 7 of their fun granola flavors and order your favorites from their site. Be sure to check out their recipes, too. You might find even more new ways to look at granola.


These pork chops are juicy on the inside, crunchy outside and slightly sweet from the maple syrup. Truly a surprising and enjoyable dish. We enjoyed ours over a bed of couscous and a side salad and roasted asparagus.

What would you pair these Maple Brined Pork Chops with?



Maple Brined Granola Pork Chops

You will need:
  • 4 c. cold water
  • 2/3 cup kosher salt
  • 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup maple syrup
  • 6 thin-cut pork chops
  • 2 c. Golden Girl Forest Maple Granola
  • 1/4 c. canola oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 c. flour
  • salt and pepper
  • fresh chopped parsley to garnish *optional
In a glass dish, combine the water, salt and maple syrup. Make sure all porkchops are submerged in the brine. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.

In a food processor, pulse the granola till it is in uniform crumbles. Set aside.

Create a dredging station. In one container add the flour and liberally season with salt and pepper. Whisk up the eggs in the middle container and add the processed granola to the final station.

Heat a cast iron pan on medium high heat. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Dredge each pork chop in flour, dip in egg wash and then cover with granola. Brown on both sides and then set aside. Repeat with all the pork chops, then arrange them in oven safe dishes and bake till the internal pork chop temperature reaches 160 degrees.

Enjoy! 


Andrea
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!