Friday, November 26, 2010

We Came. We Left With Leftovers Aplenty.

I hope everyone had a fabulous turkey day! We celebrated at my in-laws with a huge spread of fabulous food... that we barely made a dent in. You can see from the counter wrapped around to the stove and all available surfaces between were plates, platters and bowls of various foods.


I will be making our own family "Thanksgiving meal" at home this weekend, since I didn't take my favorite family dishes. The holidays are kinda my In-laws thing. So different from my childhood where all family members contributed dishes for the meal. But, I did get to make a little spread for the kiddos...


I made a great low-pro bread recipe from Cook For Love's site, which I used for both their bread and bread stuffing. I also made the orange cranberry sauce again... a recipe I will share soon, and have fallen in love with. Then they had mashed potatoes and fruit salad.  I also attempted a faux dream pie for them, and that recipe will still need some tweaking. I thought all the low-pro options were yummy...


...but the kiddos were more interested in hamming it up!


They stayed true to the picky toddler reputation. I was proud of their spread and hope to get a few more recipes under my belt before Christmas.

So, how was the holiday at your house?
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Sounds like a really great day! My MIL came to my house and cooked here since she lives 3 hours away and we all are up here. So it was DH, MIL, SIL and her daughter with our 2 sons. My daughter spent this year at her Dad's (she goes every other year there for Thanksgiving) and we all had a lot of food and fun visiting!

    I stopped by because you won something on my site & I wanted to tell you, thought visiting your "blog home" would be better than an email: http://happilyblended.com/2010/11/winners-announced-4/

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!