Chicken salad is such a classic sandwich. It is more like what my Mother would have made when I was growing up. Arby's philosophy is Good Food In, Good Mood Out, and they are throwing down a challenge right now with Subway over their Chicken Salad Sandwiches.
Tender chunks of grilled chicken breast tossed with crunchy pecans, crips apples, celery, juicy red grapes and green leaf lettuce between two slices of our signature honey wheat bread made with whole grains. Prepared by hand in our restaurants each day.
The refreshing summery flavor of the Orchard Chicken Salad sub is back. With juicy, tender chicken, sweet apples, tangtastic cranberries and crunch-a-licious celery on your favorite freshly baked bread.
We tasted, we compared... and I have to say it was a close race. They were both tasty sandwiches on their own. On taste alone though, I would go hands-down with Arby's. But, the overall package is what brings me back to buy another sandwich so I have to detail a few of my other thoughts.
- Large chunks of meat, fruit and nuts made them easy to identify. I like to know what I am eating.
- The honey wheat bread was tasty and fresh.
- Also try Arby's build a meal function on their website to see calories and nutritional information before you buy. I loved it!
- It was too big for me! My husband had to finish it off.
- When I looked up the calorie count I was shocked. At 840 calories for the sandwich, it was too much. Next time I will get the wrap to shave off some calories.
- I like dressing up my sandwich with my own selection of veggies,
- Also at 370 calories for a 6", I thought that was reasonable.
- It reminded me more of chicken salad in a can with the texture.
But, I want you dear readers to try this new Arby's sandwich for yourself. Stop by their Facebook page for a coupon for a Free Market Fresh Chicken Salad sandwich with a purchase of a 22 oz. drink.
Let your taste buds decide.
After enjoying your sandwich, be sure to vote for your favorite on their Facebook page. They will donate $1 to Share Our Strength's No Kid Hungry Campaign for ever Taste-Off vote on their Facebook page. I think that makes each bite taste even better!
GIVEAWAY!Okay, are you hungry yet? Well, I am happy to say that I have 3 $5 Gift Cards to Arby's to give to one lucky reader.
Mandatory Entry: Just comment with your favorite sandwich. Leave your email address if your profile is not set to public. I need a way to contact you if you win.
For optional extra entries, do any or all of the following and leave a comment letting me know after you do the mandatory entry mentioned above:
- Don't forget to vote for you favorite... who is getting your vote? Let me know which sounds better to you. (1 entry)
- Subscribe via email, be sure to confirm in your email. (2 entries)
- Follow Arby's on twitter @Arbys
- Comment on any non-giveaway post on my blog. (1 entry per comment)
- Follow me on twitter (@notimeMom) & tweet about this giveaway. (limit 2 tweets a day at least 1 hour between tweets) Be sure to leave the tweet URL in your comment. (1 entry/tweet) Feel free to use:
*Disclaimer - I received Gift Cards in order to sample the mentioned sandwiches as a part of MomSpark Media. No monetary compensation was received and all opinions are my own. Winner must be a resident of the US or Canda & be 18 years of age or older. Winner will be drawn via random.org and contacted by the email on your profile or left in the entry. Winner will have 48 to respond and claim the prize. If not, I will redraw for a new winner. Giveaway ends 5/27 at 11:59 pm PST. Prizes are shipped from the sponsor and I am not responsible for lost, stolen or unfulfilled prizes.