Sunday, May 6, 2012

#Mamavation Monday - 5K Coming

I hope everyone had a great weekend and didn't get too crazy on Cinco de Mayo!

Last week was good, but this week I am striving for greatness. Well, a girl has gotta try, right? During the week I faithfully worked on my steps and ranged between 9,000 to 16,000 a day. Not bad, but I would love to get 12,000 consistently. With nicer weather forecast, I hope to work in more evening family walks.

On tap this week is the #2weekchallenge (final week), C25K training and conquering some moves in P90x. I have put my P90x version on the back burner so I can do my 5Ks and challenge workouts without killing  myself. In fact, my first 5K is this Friday (5/11) with Social Fabric. I will be pushing our double stroller and seeing if I can jog the entire time. This will be a great base to compare my time for the Mamavation 5K, in June, to.

Goal : My big goal this week is water... somehow I have been forgetting to drink it. I despise the taste of room temp water so I was thinking of pinning a reminder to my sleeve or socks. Just something to see and remember to grab a glass. I need to have at least 100 ml/day.

My weekly meal plan will be incorporating more juice, for the mid-morning snack, since my Omega Juicer finally arrived. Yay!! It is a masticating style juicer and will be better for extracting juice from the dark leafy greens like kale and spinach. Here is the current dinner plan:

Monday - Yogurt chicken over whole wheat couscous, roasted brussel sprouts
Tuesday - Pizza - roasted veggies (eggplant, zucchini, bell peppers & artichoke hearts)
Wednesday - Phad Thai, Tom Kha Ghai Soup, rice
Thursday - Taco Salad ( I will be making this with lean turkey this time instead of Bocca meat)
Friday - Japanese Curry Rice with eggplant
Saturday - (must-gos)
Sunday - Mother's Day... and I am not cooking! 

In other news, it is finally garden weather here in Oregon! My plants are getting huge in the greenhouse and are ready to be transplanted. This week I need to clear out the weeds, get my husband to till it under, amend the soil and start planting. I have the usual favorites like various eggplant varieties, chard and mixed salad greens, but this year I am trying a few new types of beans like Cannellini and more Fava. It should be fun.

Have a great week everyone! I am looking forward to Monday night's Mamavation TV and the topic of weight-loss plateaus. I have definitely been there!

BLOGGING CARNIVAL: This week’s blogging carnival is sponsored by Dole.
One blogging carnival participant will receive a Dole Fruit Bites blogger sample pack.

*Disclaimer - This post is sponsored by Dole and hosted by Mamavation – a community dedicated to obesity prevention & weight loss for women and I’m writing this to be entered into a giveaway.

Pin It