My family expects me to have a home cooked meal ready on the table when dinnertime rolls around, but some days the laundry, the kids or an episode of Burn Notice distracts me. Progresso wants to help and now is offering Recipe Starters, in five varieties, to help you get started on your next meal.
This is not your average can of soup! Inspired by the 5 mother sauces of cooking (the bases for basically every dish!) these cans can help give the simplest ingredients a flavorful kick that would normally take hours to achieve.
Each can comes with an under label recipe specific to that flavor, but you can also check out Progresso.com or scan the label QR code to access 80 recipes created for this line. The 5 flavors and some common recipes are:
- Creamy Parmesan Basil: This creamy, full-bodied and indulgent sauce that was inspired by alfredo and creamy pesto sauces can be used to make meals such as Crispy Garlic-Parmesan Chicken, Oven Basic Chicken Risotto, Creamy Chicken Alfredo, Basil Chicken Ravioli Carbonara and Basil Chicken Thai Noodles
- Creamy Roasted Garlic with Chicken Stock: With caramelized, roasted chicken broth, garlic and a touch of cream, this stock is perfect for dishes such as Curry Chicken, Chicken Pot Pie, Creamy Arroz Con Pollo and Chicken Enchiladas
- Fire Roasted Tomato: A medium-thick tomato sauce, accompanied by flavors of roasted, caramelized tomatoes, oregano and bell peppers, which can be used as a great way to begin creating Pulled Chicken Sandwiches, Double Mozzarella Margherita Pizza, Cheese-stuffed Mini Meat Loaves, Easy Chicken Cacciatore and Mole Tacos
- Creamy Portabella Mushroom: Creamy and highly indulgent, this smooth sauce is rich with sautéed Portabella mushrooms, giving you any easy way to start decedent meals like Easy Weeknight Beef Stroganoff, Steak and Mushroom Sandwich, Smothered Pork Chops and Potatoes, Chorizo Beans and Rice and Tetrazzini
- Creamy Three Cheese: Rich and creamy with a blend of yellow and white cheeses, and a savory background of chicken stock, onion, garlic and cracked pepper, this is a great way to satisfy cheese lovers with Easy Weeknight Bacon Mac & Cheese, No Bake Cheesy Skillet Lasagna, Inside Out Double Grilled Cheese, Smoky Sausage Penne and Creamy Cheese Broccoli Rice Bake.
I love that the recipe even had side suggestions. I went with a wild rice, instead of white and a rubbed kale salad with tomatoes. I love color on the plate! The recipe was fast, easy and I love that I didn't have to take the time to create a sauce base. I love cooking, but can think of many things I would rather be doing than whisking and reducing!
I was pleasantly surprised by the taste. Usually condensed soups are too salty for my family, but again the recipe starters were different. I let my family salt the dish on the table and we agreed it needed a little added. The sauce wasn't overpowering but was very flavorful. And I was thrilled at how fast I had dinner on the table.
Just two nights later I tried a Cheesy Broccoli Rice Bake and found the Creamy Three Cheese Recipe Starter easy to use even without following a recipe. What can I say, I am happy to have found them.
Progresso's Recipe Starters will be available later this Summer. Which recipe or starter do you want to try first? Connect with Progresso's Facebook page to stay up on new products, offers and promotions.
*Disclaimer - The information, products and Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ gift pack was provided by Progresso through MyBlogSpark. All opinions are my own.