Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Progresso Recipe Starters - Use Them to Start Dinner Tonight! #MyBlogSpark

Some nights dinner sneaks up on me...

My family expects me to have a home cooked meal ready on the table when dinnertime rolls around, but some days the laundry, the kids or an episode of Burn Notice distracts me.  Progresso wants to help and now is offering Recipe Starters, in five varieties, to help you get started on your next meal.

This is not your average can of soup! Inspired by the 5 mother sauces of cooking (the bases for basically every dish!) these cans can help give the simplest ingredients a flavorful kick that would normally take hours to achieve.


Each can comes with an under label recipe specific to that flavor, but you can also check out Progresso.com or scan the label QR code to access 80 recipes created for this line. The 5 flavors and some common recipes are:

I was sent a booklet with a few of the recipes off their site and chose the Creamy Lemon Chicken to make for my family using the Creamy Roasted Garlic with Chicken Stock recipe Starters.


I love that the recipe even had side suggestions. I went with a wild rice, instead of white and a rubbed kale salad with tomatoes. I love color on the plate! The recipe was fast, easy and I love that I didn't have to take the time to create a sauce base. I love cooking, but can think of many things I would rather be doing than whisking and reducing!


I was pleasantly surprised by the taste. Usually condensed soups are too salty for my family, but again the recipe starters were different. I let my family salt the dish on the table and we agreed it needed a little added. The sauce wasn't overpowering but was very flavorful. And I was thrilled at how fast I had dinner on the table.

Just two nights later I tried a Cheesy Broccoli Rice Bake and found the Creamy Three Cheese Recipe Starter easy to use even without following a recipe. What can I say, I am happy to have found them.

Progresso's Recipe Starters will be available later this Summer. Which recipe or starter do you want to try first? Connect with Progresso's Facebook page to stay up on new products, offers and promotions.

*Disclaimer -  The information, products and Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ gift pack was provided by Progresso through MyBlogSpark. All opinions are my own.
Andrea
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Hi Andrea, this is Katie from the Progresso Facebook team. So happy you're enjoying the new Recipe Starters! We love your post so much we want to share it with our whole Facebook community. Do we have your permission to do so? Please let us know your answer in this comment thread. Either way, thanks for being fan!

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!