Thursday, August 23, 2012

Sharpening My Skills as a Chicago Cutlery Brand Ambassador

I love to cook, but I have been told on several occasions that I look scary wielding a knife.

Said lovingly, of course, and usually following my umpteenth cut or nick while slicing away. It is true, I would say I am a whiz in the kitchen, but a complete amateur with a knife. Usually I am by myself during food prep, but I would love to improve my knife skills to save my daughter some of the pain and blood loss I have experienced over the years.

So I am thrilled to be a Chicago Cutlery Brand Ambassador!


My knives arrived and the design was different from what I am used to. The handles were solid, slightly curved and the knives had a great feel to them. Not too light, but not heavy and well balanced in my hand.


Here is my current knife handle next to the Chicago Cutlery knives. Smooth and indented to fit my fingers, I was impressed and I have only begun to try them out in my kitchen.

This is chance for me to improve my skills on the chopping board and learn how to be safer and more efficient with my knives. With cooler weather on the way I will be making more soups and that means a lot more vegetable chopping is in my future. I don't have a particular recipe in mind, but look forward to tackling all that chopping and dicing with more confidence.


Here are the 3 knives I am going to be putting to work: The Chef knife, Bread knife and Paring knife. All will come in handy. So far I have found the parer easier to control and hold than my previous knife. While slicing and peeling peaches I had no trouble controlling my movements.

I can't wait to tell you more about these knives and share my journey building safe knife skills. You can check out the Chicago Cutlery DesignPro Knives on Amazon.com for yourself

Would you call your knife skills expert? Or attrocious? Where did you learn your knife skills?

So far I am loving my Chicago Cutlery, but will have more to say about them in the next posts. Stay tuned....

*Disclaimer I wrote this review while participating in a Brand Ambassador Campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of ChicagoCutlery and received products to facilitate my post and a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.
Andrea
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!