Monday, July 14, 2014

Combining My Favorite Things, Baking and Crafting - July Silhouette Challenge

lll

This month's Silhouette Challenge has me so excited. The theme is, "My Favorite Things" and I knew I wanted to complete a project for the kitchen. You saw that coming, right?

When I originally looked into getting a Silhouette one of the draws was for vinyl art. I love what I have seen and pinned online already. So this month was the perfect chance to deck out one of my most used appliances, the KitchenAid.

Both of mine are black, which I like. It's safe. My other appliances are black with stainless steel accents. The color in my kitchen though has been built around the Carribbean Blue Le Creuset set. It is a gradient, and goes from deep teal to light blue.

For the vinyl in this project I chose a silver and a teal.

The hardest part was definitely choosing the design. I love damask, but I also wanted a saying or some words on the side. Just so you know, that doesn't narrow it down much on the Silhouette site! There are tons of options for either of those ideas.


Weeding the image was incredibley easy. I actually adjusted my blade to a 3 instead of the suggested 2. My first cut, the blade didn't go all the way through the vinyl. It was a good think that I had extra. I used my tweezer and hook tool to hold down small pieces as I pulled the negative away from the shape.


The transfer tape saved me the headache of trying to reassemble the pieces. I was just careful to make sure all the small circles or flourishes were stuck down properly.


The saying required a little more weeding, but overall it was a quick project and I am loving how it turned out.


The best part is I am not committed to anything. If I want to switch things up, I can remove it and design again. Now I just have to figure out how to decorate the other one.

LIFE is uncertain, Eat DESSERT first
Words to live by, right?


Want to Check Out More Silhouette Projects?

My Silhouette Challenge buddies and I are all sharing projects on our blogs today, so peruse the projects below for a wealth of Silhouette inspiration!

  A Gift for the Bride-to-Be Silhouette Challenge: My Favorite Things My Favorite Things Keepsake Box Printable Tattoos for Crafters & DIYers Super Hero Backpacks Geometric Two Tone Shirt Refashion Instagram Paper Album Reasons I Love Daddy Ctrl Alt Del Pillows Outside Decor: DIY Pallet Board Sign Yo-Ho It's a Pirate Party How To Use Silhouette Sketch Pens Combining My Favorite Things, Baking and Crafting - July Silhouette Challenge Pride & Prejudice Subway Style Art Favorite Silhouette Challenge Just umm, Let it Go Temporary My Little Pony Tattoos Mike Holmes Baby Onesie Monogram It: A Memo Board Makeover Super Room Redo The Best Summer Ever Freebie and Tutorial Summertime Toes Crafty Girls Hair Accessories Holder Watercolor Wall Art Ice Cream Cone T-Shirt Sun Fun Shirt Family Wall Art: Scrabble Edition Serving Tray Upcycle Making Custom Rhinestone Designs Etched Glass Coasters Church Nursery Wall Quote
1. Just a Girl and Her Blog // 2. The Frill of Life // 3. A Time For Seasons // 4. The Thinking Closet // 5. Ginger Snap Crafts // 6. Grey Luster Girl // 7. Simply Kelly Designs // 8. Home At Eight // 9. Please Excuse My Craftermath... // 10. My Paper Craze // 11. Mama Sonshine // 12. Practically Functional // 13. Adventures in All Things Food // 14. Two Purple Couches // 15. Dragonfly & Lily Pads // 16. Sowdering About // 17. Cutesy Crafts // 18. My Mom Made That // 19. Pitter and Glink // 20. Pineapples And Pinecones // 21. Dream a Little Bigger // 22. McCall Manor // 23. TitiCrafty // 24. unOriginal Mom // 25. Persia Lou // 26. Lil Mrs Tori // 27. Home. Made. Interest. // 28. Sandpaper and Glue // 29. Silhouette School // 30. Creative Ramblings // 31. My Favorite Finds
Andrea
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!