Thursday, May 20, 2010

Aloha Friday - #15

Aloha Everyone! In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that they take it easy and look forward to the weekend. Can you believe we made it to Friday? We survived the week, so to celebrate let's sit back and relax. No heavy mental lifting today... just one simple little question...

Do You Own & Use Cast Iron Pans?


we are huge fans of cast iron. Not only are they inexpensive to buy, but they get better with use. I have made a mind blowingly delicious pineapple upside down cake in my pan. It also makes a pretty mean Dutch Baby for Saturday morning. I was excited to find the insulated sleeve for the handle. Very convenient.

My ridged griddle makes the best hot sammies. Add the weighted press and it's a party! This was a much less expensive alternative to a panini press and has many more uses. This pan is also my favorite for bacon since the fat can drain down and off the slices.


If you are looking for more Aloha Friday fun, go to An Island Life and check out the other posts on the Linky. Have a great weekend!

Pin It

16 comments:

  1. I do own 1 but I never use it!
    www.thesocialfrog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't own one but I was thinking today that I want one. I used to cook with them years ago.

    http://grammyjanetsplace.blogspot.com/2010/05/aloha-friday-23.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't own one and I've never used one! The Pineapple Upside Down Cake sounds delicious! :) Have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't have one but i remember my mom used to have one when i was a kid... but we have a very good Tefal pan right now that we love.. so all is good in cooking land:)

    Happy Friday and here's my Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes we own one and i love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, we do not have one. Hubby (TechyDad) has been talking about getting ones since a lot of the recipes that he wants to try require one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use to have a few. Now I use the Porcelain covered Cast iron pans. Much prettier to use form oven/stovetop to table. I do love the heat of them.
    My Friday link for you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nope. They just don't seem to do as well on an electric stove.

    Have a great Friday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/05/a-breath-of-fresh-air-as-bloggers-unite/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have some but don't always use them!Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I was a young mom I used a lot of cast iron. Now I'm stainless steel with copper bottoms.
    We do have a cast iron dutch oven that we take camping and we love it!
    Happy Aloha Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't own any but the next time I but pans I will buy cast iron.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I own a few and love them. You can even buy them at garage sales cheep and when you have a camp fire, clean them by putting them in the fire for a bit then season and waa laa. A cheap cast iron skillet.

    See mine here

    ReplyDelete
  13. We have one big cast iron skillet, but rarely use it.

    Happy Aloha Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nope. I've never cared for them because they're too heavy. I already follow you! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nope, we don't own or use it..Funny because most of my food was made using cast iron..

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't own one, but I think I need to buy one. My mom has a couple really old ones and uses them all the time.

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!