Thursday, August 5, 2010

Aloha Friday - #25

Aloha Everyone! In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that they take it easy and look forward to the weekend. Can you believe it is already Friday? We survived the week, so to celebrate! Let's sit back, relax and enjoy a little blog hop. No heavy mental lifting today... just one simple little question...

When Is The Last Time You Went To The Zoo?

We had a blast at the Portland Zoo earlier this summer. We were lucky to be there for $2 Tuesdays. Then we went to our local zoo, Wildlife Safari... neither my DH or I had been there for years and were in for quite a few surprises. First off the admission price had skyrocketed! It was $17 a person. Yes, really! Thank goodness the kids were free or we would have spent nearly $60 just for the drive through the park.

It was much cleaner and well taken care of than I remember as a child. *cough* I think now I know why! I took the kids on a train ride around the park. Oddly, we couldn't see anything different other than a few research buildings, but it was only $2 a person (3 & under free!). My son adored the petting zoo - what kid doesn't? And he loved feeding the goldfish.

We had a great time and hit the park during feeding time so most animals were visible. My son was so excited! I was shell-shocked for most of the trip since I could easily see a family of 4 spending $100 for a trip to the zoo. Thank goodness my kids can't eat anything from the snack area.

So, when is the last time you went to a zoo? Do you have one near your home? If so, I hope it isn't as expensive as ours! Have a great Friday everyone.

If you are looking for more Aloha Friday fun, go to An Island Life and check out the other posts on the Linky. Have a great weekend!

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Wow $2 is really cheap! I last went to the zoo a few months ago when I was over in Dublin and it cost 15 Euros each to get in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since you mentioned, I think it has been quite a while since I last been to the zoo. This year we did went to a butterfly farm and in that farm they have a bird park with variety of birds an lot of reptiles - guess this don't really count as zoo right?

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!