Thursday, January 20, 2011

Premiere - Working Class (Jan. 28th)

When I finally have a chance to watch TV that doesn't involve puppets or animation, I go straight for the comedies. After a stressful day at home I like to laugh away my stress and tension. I was excited to hear about the new comedy Working Class on CMT. With a great cast, it is a comedy for the working man. In our current economic atmosphere it is fabulous to find the humor in our struggles. If you need a laugh, check out Working Class.

 
WORKING CLASS premieres January 28 at 8:00 p.m., EST/PST on CMT.
Carli Mitchell (Melissa Peterman from "Reba"), is a single mom from a rough and tumble background, trying to give her kids a better life by moving them to an upscale suburb. She quickly finds that making the transition to “the good life” is harder than she thought.

She's unwittingly befriended by her cranky neighbor, Hank (Ed Asner), her only “career” prospect is a glorified deli job at the local grocery store, and the man she falls for not only already has a girlfriend – but he’s also her boss, Rob (Patrick Fabian). With her ladies-man brother, Nick (Steve Kazee), to help her out (when he’s not acting like one of the kids

The Premiere Episode I watched was called "The Buddy System". Carli's old flame from high school shows up hoping to re-ignite his "spark" with Carli - even if it means humiliating her in front of her new boss.

I think this new show has potential. Most new comedies need to hit their stride before they can take off, this show was funny in spots with the writing just needing to tighten up a little. I look forward to seeing more episodes and seeing the show mature throughout the season.


Follow Working Class on Facebook for a chance to catch a sneek peak!

*Disclaimer - I previewed this episode as a One2One Network Member and provided by CMT. No monetary compensation took place. I was entered into a giveaway or posting. All opinions are my own.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!