Monday, February 28, 2011

White Chocolate Panna Cotta with Raspberry Gelée (Recipe)

Oh, I have been dying to share this with you all! This month's Daring Baker's Challenge was to make a Panna Cotta and Florentine Cookies. Since Valentine's Day landed this month, I made my sweet treat for my love. He is a huge fan of both white chocolate and raspberries... so, my variation was born! Voila!


The recipe came from Mallory from A Sofa in the Kitchen. She chose the Panna Cotta from a Giada De Laurentiis' recipe and Nestle Florentine Cookies. The best part about this recipe was how simple it was to put together an amazing desert! This recipe is a keeper and we will be making it again soon.

You will need:
1 cup (240 ml) whole milk
1 tablespoon (15 ml) (7 gm) (¼ oz) unflavored powdered gelatin
2 cups (480 ml) whipping cream (30+% butterfat)
½ cup (115 gm) (4 oz) sugar
¾ cup (145 gm)(5 oz) white chocolate chips
½ teaspoon (2½ ml) vanilla extract

In a cold pan, dissolve the gelatin in your cold milk. This takes about 5 minutes.


In another saucepan, heat up the cream and remaining ingredients to a low boil. Whisk in the chocolate to the cream mixture. Then whisk in the gelatin mixture until everything is dissolved.


Pour this into your ramekins and chill for 8 hours or overnight. If you want to create the layered look, you will need to make your panna cotta and let it set up for 2 hours. Then make your gelee and let that cool and set up slightly. Gently layer and put back into the fridge. When it is completely cooled, another hour or so, add more panna cotta on top. You may need to slightly warm the mixture for it to pour. It is a little tricky, but worth the look!

The Nestle Florentine Cookies are from the Nestle website. Instead of milk chocolate, I filled mine with more melted white chocolate chips.


Yum! Whip this up and impress your family tonight. Enjoy!
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. That looks amazing! I've been craving something creamy, maybe that would be a good thing to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet of you to make these for your hubby! Hopefully you got to enjoy some fruits of your labor too! Both look delicious.
    www.stircrazyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the challenge! White chocolate and raspberry are my hubby's favorite too! Will have to try this out next time I make panna cotta. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great recipe! I just love Panna Cotta. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!