Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Cupcake Time! Update for Cinco de Mayo

Yes, it is Tuesday... and with Cinco de Mayo coming up I wanted to get prepared by baking those Mexican Chocolate Chili Cupcakes I talked about last week. If you didn't catch that post, hop on over to find the full recipe.


This recipe uses a chocolate Duncan Hines boxed mix and adds in chili pepper & cinnamon. The spices are also added to the frosting and a little frosting is baked inside each cupcake. So simple and yet so tasty!


I dusted the tops of mine with candy sprinkles and a little more cinnamon. Enjoy!

Don't forget that Duncan Hines is sponsoring the 1 MILLION Cupcake Challenge.  By entering, bakers can win one of five trips for two to Los Angeles to see Hollywood’s hottest celebrities on the Red Carpet of the 63rd Primetime Emmy® Awards. Just head over to www.duncanhines.com/cupcakechallenge 


And since it is Tuesday, link up your cupcake creations and see what is posted over at Hoosier Homemade this week!
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I shared a cupcake for cinco de mayo yours looks delicious come check mine out http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! What a perfect cupcake for Cinco de Mayo!
    I'm so glad you mentioned the Duncan Hines Cupcake Challenge too! I think it's a great thing.
    Thanks for joining us on Cupcake Tuesday!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!