Monday, October 10, 2011

Mamavation Monday - A Fresh Start!


Happy Monday everyone! Well, it is 9:52 on a Monday night on the West Coast, so I am just sneaking under the wire... yeah, that would be Tuesday early for some.

Usually my posts are started, and ready to roll come Sunday, but this week I have been swamped. I have been cooking more and sticking with the #NoFastFood Challenge.  Trying to eat healthier and find new exciting recipes has kept me busy. When not cooking I have been cleaning up. But, the food has been good, so it is an okay trade off.

I would love to tell you I have been working out, but no... time slipped away from me. I am up to my elbows with canning to tide us over the winter, I am planning my son's 4th birthday and preparing for the fast approaching holidays. It is enough to keep this Mom a little sleepless and dreaming of  a few more minutes of "me time".

Luckily this week starts the new Mamavation campaign, campaign 10. A big congratulations to and for being voted in as the next Moms alongside their husbands as the first couples to run through bootcamp. 

So, what does that mean for me? As a Mamavation grad I know the excitement they are feeling, the hard work and sweat ahead. It is the perfect time for me to recommit to myself and my family. I still would love to get as close to 150 lbs as I can before the end of the year. I still want to shop in the single digits for pants. And most importantly I want to be as healthy  as I can be. Are you with me?

I am going to approach it as a second job... I need to workout, walk, strength train and track my calories. I have to keep my gruve green and slip in some @Gruntstyle workouts. I can do this. I have done it before and know what it takes. I challenge all past grads and sistas to use this new campaign to re-evaluate your goals, priorities and plans. Be honest with yourself. Look closely at your actions and slowly modify bad behaviors. It is possible to make real changes.

Weekly Meal Plan:
Mon - Chef's Requested Steak, Ciabatta Bread (homemade), salad & applesauce
Tue - Spaghetti & meatballs, salad
Wed - Raratoille (baked) over whole wheat couscous, baked squash & corn.
Thur - Apricot Chicken over wild rice, roasted brussel sprouts & applesauce
Fri - Quinoa Bowls
Sat - Butternut Squash, spinach & black bean burritos with fruit salad
Sun - Leftovers

No scale pic this week. I will have one up next time to go along with my new plan of attack. Honestly, I need an emotional break from the numbers. 

Have a great week! Drink your water, be careful of portion sizes and shake your groove 'thang! 
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. you are doing great and knowing where you messed up is the first step to being better and good for you with the no fast food challene. have an awesome week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your meal plan sounds awesome, fyi! :) We're supportive of your "second job". The Sistahood is always here for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been saying this forever...I want to live in your house for the food and friendship!

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!