Saturday, November 12, 2011

On the Merry-go-round of Crud

Ah, yes... there is something about the stress/excitement of birthday parties (ours and friends), Halloween and new toys that left us all wiped out.

And yes, the sickies found us. Since I stay home with my kids we don't get the great daycare daily germ share. When an illness hits my kiddos go down for the count. This little cold hasn't been too bad, but it has lingered. Ugh.

I would rather have a bad or two and be done with it.

Not this time.

We are on a merry-go-round of illness. I wish it was as fun as a day in the park.

Seems like when I am at my whits end with a child and their abnormally awful behavior, I realize there is a fever involved. No worries, nothing serious. Just  low-grade fever that seems to come and go between the kiddos. Tantrums are abnormally messy and there has been more fighting between the two.

And what is this Mom to do? Grab another coffee or tea and hope that it is going to pass soon. I could really use a nap... or at least a full night's sleep.
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Hope you all can get healthy and stay healthy! This year seems to already be a whopper for viruses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was never an echinaeca (SP?) user until this nasty cold hit our house. It works to help make the illness time shorter. I talked with a local health dietitian, and found it was safe for my 3 y.o. to take about 1/2 the adult dose. It really kicked that never-ending cold to the curb!

    I cannot imagine how it must be to have more than one little one. That merry-go-round must have you pulling your hair out. One kid is happy, the other is miserable (and, I'm sure, makes sure the happy kid becomes miserable, too!) I sure hope you all get past this quickly and, hopefully, it'll build your immune systems up enough to get you through the rest of cold/flu season without incident!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alicia,

    I haven't tried it, but will. Yes, I suspect my immune system is getting a great boost. Pretty soon we will be a "super" family. :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!