Thursday, November 10, 2011

Simple is my Passion...

Today's NaBloPoMo prompt is:
What is your secret (or not-so-secret) passion?

I think if you asked my friends what my true passion is they would all say food. Baking, or decorating or cooking, but something associated with food.

Yes, I do adore food and I spend most of my time in the kitchen. But, the real reason I love food is I have a greater love and appreciation for making things myself.

DIY makes me giddy, shows that explore how things are made always grab my attention. I was so excited to learn how simple it was to make a great french bread, knit a hat for my little one or make sugar flowers. There is a power in being responsible for the outcome of a project. Yes, I could buy it, but the satisfaction wouldn't last as long. I long for a simple way of life where I know what goes into my food or the story behind an object.

If I had all the time in the world I would probably make everything myself. Or, at least give it a go. Whether it is spinning, knitting, baking or growing, I get a satisfied feeling when I make something for myself or my family. I know, in an online world of  fast food, fast cars and tofurky, I am most comfortable taking it slow and being creative. (Isn't that domestic of me?)

I rarely have the time for everything I want to do. Between my kids, the home and trying to stay active, I don't get to make all my own cleaners, outfit my daughter and become a domestic goddess. I struggle to get a full night sleep and have half a dozen knitting projects unfinished, but that doesn't diminish my passion and love for creation.

So, for everyone who also loves to 'Do-It-Themselves', I salute you and wish you a productive day.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!