Wednesday, December 7, 2011

December Crazy Cooking Challenge - Pumpkin Pie Fudge!

This month I am back for the CRAZY COOKING CHALLENGE.

Photobucket

What is it?

Well, the group is thrown a challenge... this month it was "Fudge". Then participants go out and find a recipe, not from a famous chef or site but a good drool-worthy recipe, make it, blog about it and submit it for the vote! Yes, all the blogger make the same dish, but all the recipes are different. Deliciously different!

I have to say in the past month I pinned and looked at a lot of fudge recipes. There was no shortage of possibilities. I finally narrowed it down to a seasonal favorite I had never tried before, Pumpkin Pie Fudge.  

Pumpkin pie really knocks my socks off, so when I stumbled across this recipe on Annie's Eats I knew it was the one!

Think about it... pumpkin, toasted walnuts and white chocolate? What isn't there to love?

You will Need:
3 cups sugar
¾ cup unsalted butter, melted
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
2 tbsp. corn syrup
2 ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. ground cloves*
9 oz. white chocolate, chopped
7 oz. jar marshmallow crème
1 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted *
1 tsp. vanilla extract

*I added a bit more spice and nuts to mine out of sheer love for the stuff!

Start by toasting and chopping your nuts if necessary. I just love how the toasted nuts smell in my kitchen.  


Toast them at 350 for 10 minutes. Be sure to keep an eye on them and stir them a few times to prevent burning. Set the nuts aside.


Prepare an 8x8 pan with aluminum foil. Cover the inside of the pan and spray with Pam. You don't want the fudge to stick.




In a saucepan combine the first seven ingredients. Keep it on a medium to high heat till it comes to a boil. Cook the mixture and keep stirring till your candy thermometer reaches 234 degrees.





Remove from heat and stir in the remaining ingredients. This needs to be done quickly. As it cools, the mixture will begin to set up. 




I had a little casualty while stirring...


 Oops!


Okay, now pour the mixture in the pan and smooth the top. Mine set up before I could get the top smoothed out. I guess that is the downside of snapping all the pics.




Let the fudge cool for at least 2 hours. Lift the foil out of the pan and it should pull away easily from your treats. Cut the fudge and Enjoy!




This fudge is good, spicy and makes me think of my favorite slice of Holiday pie. Please take a moment to vote for this fudge recipe in the Linky below before checking out the recipes. Every month the vote determines the Ultimate Recipe! This is the perfect fudge for this time of year. Don't you agree?



Pin It

7 comments:

  1. I love stove top fudge and almost made this recipe. My family begged me no more pumpkin desserts this year so I ended up not doing this one but looking at yours makes me want to do it anyways! Yum!

    http://pinchofthisthatandtheother.blogspot.com/2011/12/chocolate-butterscotch-fudge-crazy.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so easy even I could do it! Oh my husband would DIE if I made him pumpkin pie fudge - die and be in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubs would love this one. He likes all the pumpkin stuff. Great job on yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much easier than packing pie in your lunch bag! Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. This is the perfect fudge for this time of year! Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great recipe! Love your digital thermometer. So need one of those since my eyesight continues to get worse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't agree more. Pumpkin is where it's at! Good job!

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!