Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Nutrisystem Update - Week 3/4 #NSNation

My It was a busy week. Did you snag any deals? Knock a few items off your Christmas lists?
Well, it is nice to have a backup when the stress starts to add up for the Holidays.

My third week on the program involved a visit from my Mother.  It was not my best week for eating or exercise. This is now my 4th week with the Nutrisystem Blogger Program.  The holidays are here with parties, relatives and ... *gasp* ... baking!

This week I wanted to share a dinner example. This is not your average diet meal. Do you see all that food? ... yeah, real food!



 As I go through my box of Nutrisystem meals I have found some I enjoy. I will be reordering the Glazed Chicken Tenders, Steak & Cheese Melt, etc.  But this week I found one I really loved! The Red Beans and Rice with Sausage was a pleasant surprise. It is a dry pantry item and was one of the best lunches I have eaten to date. It isn't an entree I ever eat at home, but it was just spicy enough, full of flavor and very filling.

Now Nutrisystem adds season food in and updates their available food list constantly, so I will keep you updated with what meals I enjoy. I love that I am not stuck with the same items every month and of course having control over the order makes me confident I will enjoy what I eat.

Now that our family is settling back into a normal routine I look forward to eating all my meals at home. We are stocked up on salad fixings, veggies and fruit.

This past week I unfortunately gained .4 lbs. I have lost 3.8 lbs total though, and know the small gain should come off easily if I work on being more active. I also have a slight suspicion that I have retained a bit more water this week. Ever have one of those week?

This week my goal are simple. I want to get all my water in, stay on track with eating and bump my cardio and resistance training up a notch. I don't enjoy going outside this time of year for exercise so we are looking for indoor options to get the family moving. Right now we are loving the Xbox Kinect and I have had a few more dates with my treadmill lately.

I would love to hear how you stay active in the Winter. What is your favorite way to keep moving?


Want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visitinghttp://www.nutrisystem.com/nsblog

*Disclaimer - Nutrisystem is providing me with 4 months of their program as part of the Nutrisystem Nation Blogger Program in exchange for writing about my experiences. All opinions and experiences are my own, your results may vary.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!