Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year! Live Today to its Fullest.

Happy New Year Everyone! 


2012 is going to be a great year.

I wanted to share my resolutions with you. I know, New Year's Resolutions seem to have been given a bad rap. Many people have written about not making resolutions that will be broken and the disappointment that goes with failure. I don't view them this way.

I set goals (resolutions) to keep me on track. I am a work in progress and I am always looking to be the best I can be. New Year's is an arbitrary time to set goals and re-evaluate my personally progress, but it is as good a time as any! So, yes... I make resolutions. I don't beat myself up over the ones I don't finish, but I don't make a vision board either... I see them as having the same outcome. Resolutions are just goals, dreams and hopes for the future. But remember, change doesn't happen when you don't make changes.

Change leads to change.

So what am I looking to change in my life?

My Space - There are still many DIY projects to tackle around the house. Rooms need to be organized, walls need to be dressed up, and closets are begging to be de-cluttered. It all has needed to be done for some time and of course on a budget. Add to that our front yard overhaul and the annual garden and it will be a busy year.

My Time - This year I want to work on time management. Crafting has been on the back burner since my children were born and I am going to start putting in some monthly projects.

Myself - This one is two-fold. I am desperate to find a new and manageable hair style. Since moving back to the US I haven't really done a thing with my shoulder length, brown, curly hair. Most days it is just pulled back in a ponytail, but I would like something a bit more "grown-up". So I am on the hunt!

Also I am continuing my quest for a healthier me. I have weight to lose, muscle to build and inner strength to find. I know it is in there. I want to drink more water, walk daily and set aside 30 minutes for a DVD or strength routine. I have a bunch of fun ideas and options so it won't get boring.

Okay, if you set resolutions this year, I want to hear it. Don't be afraid to set goals. Just remember you do have to put the work in to achieve them... but it will be so worth it!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I love your goals for yourself - "and inner strength to find". Definitely looking forward to the wonderful things 2012 has in store for all of us! Best of luck to you with your goals for this new year...my first goal is to establish my goals...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Im a new follower from bloggy moms.

    Check out my goals post! http://our365days.blogspot.com/2012/01/blog-dare-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck with your resolutions!! I'm a follower, but not new....I'm in the blog dare as well.

    http://whybecauseimthemommy.blogspot.com/2012/01/my-social-media-goals-for-2012.html

    Have a great New Year!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!