Friday, May 25, 2012

Toxic Relationships, Closure and Rizzoli & Isles

I think friendships are something to be treasured, but sometimes the relationship just isn't healthy and a clean break is needed to move on.

Ever experienced this?

Throughout school, activities and events I met people and gravitated to form friendships with those who engaged me, interested me and made me laugh. Unfortunately the same people I was friends with one Summer back in Junior High don't always have a place in my life now. Different choices and different life paths keep my world of friends ever evolving and changing.

Now that I have small children my priorities have changed even more. Most of my friends also have young children because we have so much in the way of potty training, tantrums and dress-up in common.

I am a firm believer that if a friendship starts to become unhealthy or destructive, it is time to quickly say goodbye.

Such is the case in the episode Remember Me of Rizzoli and Isles. Jane's old nemesis, serial killer Charles Hoyt (talk about a toxic relationship!) is back and just won't go away. Hoyt claims to have information about a murder just a day before his release. He uses the information to taunt Jane and try to pull her back into his web.  Luckily, Jane is able to gain some closure to their relationship.

Though I wouldn't call it a friendship, their "connection" is really in need of an ending.

If you are looking for new episodes of Rizzoli & Isles you are in luck! Season 3 premieres  Tuesday, June 5th at 9/8c on TNT
And don't forget to catch up on all the fun of (or just rewatch) Season  2 on DVD.



 *Disclaimer - I have been hired by Warner Bros. WBWord division to promote Rizzoli & Isles Season Two on DVD.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!