Monday, June 25, 2012

Do You Like Coffee? Show it Off #RedCupShowdown


The days are hot and my cup of coffee is cold! Well, if you make a mean cup of coffee... and I know you do! Seattle's Best is inviting you to show off your best coffee creation.

I took that challenge and headed to my local Walmart to pick up some Seattle's Best coffee and supplies for my own drink.


Many coffee choices to choose from here, but being a West Coast girl I love Seattle's Best.


I chose level 5, dark and intense. We like our coffee strong here and done with a cold brew Toddy Coffee maker this will be perfect for my recipe. You can see my entire shopping trip in search of Seattle's Best Coffee and other ingredients in my Google+ album.


Have you ever tried cold brew coffee? It takes a little longer, but doesn't include as much of the bean oils as hot brewed cups do. This is much gentler on my stomach.  Just put the grounds and water in a pitcher overnight (we steep it for a full 24 hours), then filter and store till needed.

My creation inspiration comes from the flavors of Summer. I love fruit and the blueberries here are getting dark and juicy. So why not make a blueberry pie cold coffee treat?


My Blueberry Pie Blended Coffee 

You Will Need:
  • 1 c. Seattle's Best Coffee Level 5, cold brewed and divided.
  • 1/4 c. blueberry syrup
  • 1 c. milk
  • 1-2 Tbsp. evaporated milk, to the sweetness you prefer
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/4 c. frozen blueberries, save a few for garnish
  • 1 Tbsp. crushed pie crust
  • Whipped cream for topping

Fill an ice cube tray with cold brew coffee. Let this freeze for a few hours or overnight. You will only need half the tray, but save the rest for more coffee drinks later on.


When ready to make your drink add all the ingredients, except for a few blueberries, pie crust and whipped cream, to a blender. Pulse till frothy. Pour into glasses and garnish with whipped cream and top with pie crust crumbs and blueberries.

You might be surprised, but the blueberries went very well with the dark, intense flavor of the level 5 coffee. I couldn't have been happier with my concoction. It was the perfect afternoon treat.

I hope you enjoy it, too!

Now, onot the Red Cup Showdown:
I hope my drink got you thinking about your favorite coffee drink and what you can enter for the  #RedCupShowdown. Seattle's Best has partnered up with Jeff Mauro, Sandwich King from Food Network, to go coast-to-coast looking for the next best coffee drink! Drawing on the food creativity showcased at state fairs, they will be taking a state fair tour for entries as well as taking submission on their Facebook page. If you are lucky enough to attend a state fair they visit, there will also be iced coffee samples. Yum! More information is posted on their Facebook page.


Don't be shy. Let your love of java shine. You could win a chance to compete in New York for a $10,000 prize and a spot on the Seattle's Best Coffee Menu. You have until July 27th to get your entry in, so start creating and taste testing away!


Connect with Seattle's Best on Twitter and Facebook. Also be sure to check all the fun going on at the Red Cup Showdown app. Be sure to see what imaginative coffee drinks people have submitted and don't forget to upload your own! Good luck.

*Disclaimer - I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This content has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™. #CBias #SocialFabric All opinions are my own.


Andrea
Pin It

7 comments:

  1. That looks extremely delicious!! I've never cold brewed coffee. I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love coffee...especially iced coffee in the summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got to try your cold brewing tip and this recipe looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also blogged about cold brewing! It does make a difference. Who knew? This looks so great! I love blueberries.

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!