Sunday, December 30, 2012

My goals for 2013 - Counting Down


The countdown has begun.

This weekend I have given a lot of thought to my goals, dreams and plans for 2013. Do you make resolutions? I am not talking about those cliche and lofty ideals of loosing weight or becoming stress free. No, I like to make a list of specific of finite goals I want to accomplish.

It is a great time of year to take stock of what I accomplished, what I didn't and what changes still need to be made. I don't let resolutions overwhelm me, I look at them as an assessment and challenge. I don't want to ever feel like my life is in a rut. I always have a chance to change things. This is as good a time as ever.

I am in another kind of countdown.... countdown to baby #3. After two other children I have a pretty good idea of what to expect. My son was very fussy, so I have been through the sleepless nights, fatigue and baby haze. I don't have high expectations for that period directly following the birth and I know I need to start planning now. Just in this past month I finally tackled our utility room, but still have more areas to conquer.

So between now and then I need to:

  • Organize Cupboards & Closets
  • Locate Baby Gear/Clothing
  • Clean out the Pantry/Freezers
  • Prep. Meals Ahead 
  • Prep. Cloth Diapers

For these organizational projects around the home I am going to try the Home Storage Solutions 15 minutes a day schedule. I printed out the schedule and have it posted on my refrigerator above my meal plan wipe board. It is free to try out, so print out your own to try. We all can squeeze in 15 minutes a day, right? Hopefully by cleaning smarter I will have more time for other creative projects.

I am especially excited to share my freezer meal recipes and diapering finds with all of you. Baby gear choices sure have changed in the past 4 years! I have been busy upgrading everything from my diaper pail to swing.

I have blogging goals as well. With the baby coming I have been pouring over Pinterest ideas for designing baby clothing, knitting and needlework projects as well as some decorating ideas. I have even pulled out my knitting needles and will be sharing a simple baby hat tutorial for a really quick and easy pattern (easy to adjust to the size you need.) This baby will stretch our budget a little further, but I think I am up to the challenge. Give me a few more weeks and I will be ready for my nursery theme reveal. I went with a classic and gender-less theme I think you will love.

I am currently working on my blogging calendar but hope to fit in more posts focused on child-friendly activities, crafts and recipes. I hope to share my journey with this new baby, the farm, my older kids and more of the products and things we love.

Look for upcoming posts on:

  • Gardening
  • Recipes
  • Crafts
  • Cloth Diapering/Attachment Parenting
  • General Life on the Farm
  • Book Reviews
Of course, I hope to pepper in product reviews and giveaway opportunities for my readers.  I don't want that to ever become the sole purpose of this blog. But, we all love the chance to try something for free, right?

Did I leave anything out? I have high hopes for this coming year, so much fun and exciting changes to come. Wish me luck as I switch this blog over to ".com" territory, and share our family journeys with you.

What are your goals for 2013? What positive changes will you make in your life?

Andrea
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!