Friday, January 18, 2013

Greek Inspired Salad and Lamb Patties Recipe


I would love to tell you that because I am pregnant I have been eating healthier.

Actually I have, but it was more because of a strong craving for fresh raw vegetables this pregnancy. Almost everything I have tried gives me heartburn - except for simple salads. I just may be giving birth to a rabbit, but I really can't complain. So far I have been gaining a healthy amount of weight and have felt pretty good, too.

One meal that seems to be making my weekly meal plan is this Greek inspired salad with simple smoked Lamb Patties. I can't rave enough about this one. It goes together in a few minutes and is quickly devoured by the family. Even my husband gladly goes back for seconds.

It is dressed with a simple olive oil, lemon juice and garlic powder dressing which even my kids will eat. This week our cucumbers went bad too fast, so they aren't pictured here. I do recommend adding them for extra crunch and flavor. Want the recipe? I'm sure you do.


Greek Inspired Salad with Lamb Patties

You Will Need:
For the Salad

  • 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • 1 c. cherry or grape tomatoes, rinsed and halved
  • 1/3 c. kalmata olives, halved
  • 1 red bell pepper
  • 1 green bell pepper
  • 1/4 c. feta cheese, crumbled
  • 2 c. mixed salad greens
  • 1/2 cucumber, peeled, halved and sliced thin 
Dressing
  • 1/4 c. olive oil
  • 3 - 4 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder

For the Lamb Patties

  • 1 lb ground lamb
  • 1/4 tsp. all spice
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt

Bring the ground lamb to room temperature as you prepare your smoker. These patties are also great just grilled, but they are amazing smoked on the Treager. The smokey flavor really compliments the lamb.

Mix the meat and seasoning and hand form into 6 patties. Smoke or grill till they reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees. 



When the lamb is close to finished, start to prepare the salad. Whisk the dressing and set aside. Place all the prepared vegetables, beans and cheese in a large bowl. Drizzle with the lemon dressing and gently toss.

Does it get much easier than that? Enjoy!

Andrea
Pin It

9 comments:

  1. I've never made lamb. Actually, I don't know if I've ever eaten lamb?! But that looks like a delicious meal for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word that looks good! I've never cooked lamb but I'm going to have to try and that salad looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing! My hubby has moved to a low carb diet so I am always looking to do more fun things with salads! Thanks! )PS - I pinned this

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the salad. not into lamb but think this recipe would work well with ground turkey. I am a feta junkie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the salad. not into lamb but think this recipe would work well with ground turkey. I am a feta junkie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks really yummy! Love that you included chick peas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never been a big fan of lamb, but this salad looks and sounds delicious! Might have to try it!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!