Friday, January 18, 2013

Project Organized - Tackling the Craft Room Pt. 2

On the first of the month I gave you a rather embarrassing glimpse into my crafting space. Did you see the before picture?


Yes, it was bare, cluttered and not usable. A crafting space should inspire creativity and relaxation. Okay, those are my requirements. I was always frustrated with not being able to find the supplies I was looking for.

Even the closet was so crammed with "stuff" that I couldn't really find what I wanted.


So my husband agreed to put up shelves and I agreed to finally conquer this mess. Here was the improvement after the first shelf.


It was better, but still didn't give me the room to organize that I was wanting. I actually changed my mind on the shelf and my very patient husband took it down and replaced it with a wider one that also has room for hangers. He put the smaller one on top instead.

So here is my new space:


I have more desk space, my sewing machine is finally up on the table and I even have room for my studio light for getting more detailed pictures of my projects. It is the first time in 3 years that I have been excited to sit down and create. It is a huge improvement from the picture at the top of the post.

Just this morning I was browsing gorgeous craft room make-overs featured on one of my favorite blogs. I wish I had a whole room like they showed. The truth is, after having my supplies piled up on the kitchen table, or scattered around the dining room, I am so excited to have a space to call my own. Not everyone has a whole room they can spare, but sometimes a corner is all we really need.

And, if you noticed, I was even able to organize my closet.

I still have a few more touches to add to the space. I want a big cork board behind the table for tacking fabric swatches, instructions and pictures to. I also want a photo collage of my kids to look at late at night. If anyone has any suggestions for organizing scissors, let me know. I am still not sure where I want to put them. Maybe a peg board with hooks on the side wall?

Is your craft space organized? How do you organize your supplies?
Andrea
Pin It

12 comments:

  1. Your reorganized craft room looks really nice! I especially like how patient your husband was. Mine is the same. :)

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the organized look...I dread organizing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally relate to this - it's a project I need to take on. You did a really great job getting it all organized. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your craft room looks great. I love the new organized look and the old one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love before and after pictures. I bet you feel so much better now getting that chore done :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, take your "BEFORE" shot and multiply it by 10 and that is what my craft room looks like right now. So embarrassing! I am in need of improving that room very badly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your craft room looks great! I need to get organized with this too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to get organized this Spring. I have a closet very similar to that to your before pic I'm sad to say.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have creating a new craft space for myself on the list . Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the organizing reminder! I have a corner in my room that needs to be tackled!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great! I just recently cleaned up and organized mine and it's great. It makes me want to actually get in there and use it a lot more... no I just need to find some time.

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!