Thursday, August 1, 2013

Summer Can't Stop My Love of Hot Drinks


Summer may bring the heat, but it doesn't change my drinking habits.

Yes, even during the middle of Summer I start my day with a hot cup of coffee and usually end it with a cup of herbal tea and a good book. During the middle of the day is another thing. I do enjoy a big glass of iced coffee or cold fruity iced tea. But, those beginning and ending of the day rituals do not change with a fleeting season.

I have often posted my favorite coffee and tea brands and shared some DIY recipes here on the blog. They seem to be a staple of my day and a way that I can gain center even when the rest of my morning doesn't go as planned. There is something reassuring about that first hot mug filled with caffeine.

I had a friend who loved ice cream. For her it wasn't just a warm-weather treat. No, she loved it even more during the coldest months of Winter. It was all about her love of ice cream and not contingent on the rise or fall of the temperature.

I think my love of coffee and tea are the same. It is more about the ritual and the feeling I get when I consume them. Iced tea before bed or an iced coffee to start my day just wouldn't do it for me.

So I want to know. Do you like hot drinks such as coffee and tea? ... Even in the Summer?

I wrote this from the monthly NaBloPoMo prompts. Come join in with the BlogHer fun for August. See the badge on my sidebar for the link.
Andrea
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!