Friday, June 20, 2014

Cherry Dr. Pepper Chocolate Cupcakes - Young & Hungry Blogger Challenge

I was sent a box of challenge goodies to use for the 6 challenges in honor of the upcoming Young & Hungry premiere on ABC. All opinions and experiences are my own.


Cupcakes are always a fun project. This week though I was baking with a purpose...



I am currently one of 40 food bloggers having a little fun and getting set for the new show on ABC, Young & Hungry. This is actually challenge #3 and you may have noticed some of the talk about #YoungandHungry on Instagram of Facebook.

Our first challenge was to write down the best advice we have received about cooking or the kitchen. Here is mine:


This week was definately something I could sink my teeth into. It was finally about baking and photography. I have included the recipe below, but if you have a moment, please click over to vote for me. Don't worry, you don't need to sign up for anything, just click to vote.


There are still 3 more challenges... and we don't know what they are till they are announced. I hope there will be more baking/cooking involved.  And the premiere of Young & Hungry will be June 25th, Wed. 8/7c on ABC Family.


...and now back to those amazing cupcakes...



Yes, so simple to make... just sub half the liquids in your best chocolate cake recipe for Cherry Dr. Pepper, add in a little extra dark chocolate and you are good. I made a simple chocolate buttercream and thinned it with yet again, Cherry Dr. Pepper. Top with a gorgeous, sweet cherry and enjoy!

Stay tuned here and on my social media channels for the next 3 challenges and more chances to vote your support.


Andrea
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!