Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Connect with Fellow TV Fans on Beamly

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Beamly. The opinions and text are all mine.​




What are you doing at 8pm? Do you have a standing prime time engagement?

After I tuck my kids into bed it is "me" time. Time that I like to unwind with my favorite shows. Unfortunately, my husband is more of a Top Gear and Discovery Channel sort of guy, so my dramas, science-fiction and food programming is something I enjoy alone.

Well, not anymore at least. I have found a fun, interactive community online where I can share episode thoughts, dish about my favorite actors and discuss plot lines and those horrid cliff-hangers. Yes, no one quite gets my weird ideas on Orange is the New Black like the community at Beamly.




Beamly is an interactive, online community for TV fans. There are places to chat about the show episodes (TV rooms), as well as learn more about the show, and even keep track of the TV schedule. I usually forget to watch Suits when it airs, but now that I can use the Beamly phone app to remind me of a new episode, I am there.

Yes, you can either check Beamly out on your computer, or download it free to your smartphone. I enjoy tweeting during my favorite shows anyway, so I just keep the Beamly app open and I can not only chat with fellow fans about how Mike and Harvey from Suits need to make up and start working together again, but I can also send my tweet with the show hashtag (#Suits) right there. It connects me with the wider online community of fans.




Now I recently was turned onto watching MasterChef on FOX. Many of my favorite shows are between seasons and I always love interesting food challenges. I learned all about the show, the cast and even the program schedule through Beamly.

Speaking of MasterChef, did anyone watch last night's episode? I am really loving the idea of that Prosciutto, Guinness and Maple donut that Gordon Ramsey gushed about. Okay, he didn't really gush (does he ever?), but he did give it rather surprising praise.

So I guess you could say Beamly has taken my TV viewing to a whole new level. I am interacting with fellow fans, learning more about the behind the scenes workings of the show and even finding new shows to fall in love with.

Okay, so put down the remote for a moment, go create your own profile on Beamly and follow my profile (Andrea Kruse) while you are at it. I would love to discuss the finer points of prison food (Piper style - OITNB) or tell you why I think Donna is the glue that holds together Suits. But, I am sure there are a whole bunch of other Beamly users who would love to chat with you too.

What is your current favorite show? Which Beamly TV room would you join?

Beamly is THE 24/7 social and content network for TV and TV fans. Join me today in TV conversations and get the latest juice and gossip about your favorite shows!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Beamly. The opinions and text are all mine.

Andrea
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!