Tuesday, September 23, 2014

I've Got My Eye on You, Fall!


Summer was a dry and fickle lady this year. She brought hot days, drought but also endless memories and moments I want to hold onto tightly through the cold months ahead. It was the last Summer before my daughter started school and I will miss our long days together of dress-up and tea parties.

Now Fall is here and things are starting to settle down on the farm. Not slow down, mind you... there are still months of harvesting and crops yet to come, but the last of the hay is cut and those crazy hours are behind us.

It also means I have to say goodbye to my favorite fruits and prepare for the more hearty squash and pumpkins. Casseroles, baking and the Crock-Pot are calling to me.

Yes, I am looking forward to the world of apples and pumpkin everything. Thank goodness, because I am not sure I could escape that juggernaut even if I tried. Have you switched to a pumpkin latte yet?


Now that I have school aged children Fall has taken on a whole new meaning. It means influenza, school schedules, snack rosters and shorter daylight hours. That is enough to leave any Mom quaking in her boots.

How do you survive the changing of the seasons?

What are you looking forward to as the weather changes? Our family is looking forward the the holidays and birthday season and I am working on myself.

Slowly but surely, one foot in front of the other.

So I welcome the new season. I am ready to greet Fall with open arms and optimism. But I have to say for the record, Fall, I've got my eye on you!

Andrea
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!