Thursday, April 30, 2015

Fast and Flavorful Pineapple Mango Salsa

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HuntsFreshTwists #CollectiveBias

This easy and flavorful Pineapple Mango Salsa recipe is perfect for topping grilled chicken, fish or crustini - toasted or grilled slices of bread.


Back before my children were born, my husband and I spent our free evenings in the kitchen. That is actually where the "adventures" part of this blog name started. We tackled things like fresh homemade pasta, our favorite pie recipes and even simple cheeses. It was a great time to problem solve and discover together. You could say we ate very well.

One of my favorite recipes during that period was a fresh Mango Salsa. Once we made it, we were hooked! I remember that we tried it on various meats and just as a salsa itself. Over time the recipe has evolved to include pineapple and my garden tomatoes.

It is amazingly flavorful, but I didn't want to only enjoy this at the peak of Summer.

Now that I have kids, I don't always have time to break down my own pineapple (yes, canned will do fine!), or wait for seasonal fruits and veggies. I have found that I can enjoy this salsa anytime of year by using Hunt's Diced Tomatoes. I am a big fan of the fact they are peeled with FlashSteam® , and taste like the tomatoes right off our farm without having to do all the dicing and peeling myself.


Smart Mom shortcuts can taste amazing and save time, don't you think?



Like I said,if you can't find a ripe pineapple or mangoes in the fresh product section, feel free to buy canned. But, if you do want to really take this salsa over the top for a backyard presentation, get a whole pineapple and use the fruit as a bowl for serving your Pineapple Mango Salsa.


Here is the line-up for this Pineapple Mango Salsa.


Pineapple Mango Salsa

You will need:
  • 1 whole pineapple (or a large can of diced)
  • 1 can of Hunt's Petite Diced Tomatoes, drained well
  • 1/2 c. diced mango
  • 1/2 jalapeno, diced
  • 2 Tbsp. lime juice
  • 1 Tbsp. white vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp. olive oil
  • a pinch of salt to taste

If using a whole pineapple, cut it in half length-wise. Remove the core and slice out the fruit. Leave a bowl to serve the salsa in.

Gently mix the ingredients so all the fruit is covered with lime juice and vinegar. Season with salt to taste ans serve immediately.

I served my Pineapple Mango Salsa on BBQ chicken. I rubbed skinless chicken breasts with a basic chicken seasoning and grilled as usual. Then I topped each portion with a generous amount of salsa right before serving.


Isn't that pretty?


Of course, this salsa recipe goes great on bread.

Slice a baguette on the bias, brush a little olive oil on top and put them under the broiler till they start to brown up. Serve next to a pineapple filled with Pineapple Mango Salsa for a fast appetizer this Summer.


I grabbed all the ingredients for this salsa at my local Walmart. Depending on your dish and your taste-buds, there is a whole selection of Hunt's Diced Tomatoes to choose from.



I am stocking my pantry to be prepared for Summer entertaining.  Be sure to print this Hunt's coupon to use on your next Walmart shopping trip; to Buy 3 get 1 Free!




You can find even more amazing salsa recipes with Hunt's Diced Tomatoes at http://cbi.as/a28k  . Which recipe is your favorite?
Andrea
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!