Thursday, April 9, 2015

Make Your Own Tarter Sauce - Gorton's Smart & Crunchy

I received coupons and promotional items as part of the Gorton's Crew in exchange for posting about the #GortonsTour promotion and Smart and Crunchy Fish Sticks and Fillets. All opinions and experiences are my own. 


I grew up on fish sticks and my Dad's fish sandwiches. Really it was an easy family meal to prepare on the average weeknight and now that I have my own family, I grab Gorton's a bag of Gorton's to keep on hand in the freezer.

You never know when fish sticks may just save the evening!

One of my favorite go-to meals is the classic fish taco.


With a tray of Gorton's fish sticks or fillets, bagged salad mix, purple cabbage, tortillas and homemade tartar sauce, dinner is on the table in under 30 minutes.

Of course, I rarely have tatar sauce in the pantry or ready to go in the fridge, but that doesn't hold us back. You can whip up a simple tarter sauce while your fish is baking in the oven.


Homemade Tarter Sauce

You Will Need:
1 c. Mayonnaise
1/4 c. sweet pickle relish
1 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice (or white distilled vinegar for your acid)

Mix these ingredients together and then chill before serving.

Other optional mix-ins include Sriracha, minced onion, dill, coarse mustard, capers, Tabasco sauce, chopped parsley or freshly cracked black pepper. And of course, you could substitute plain Greek yogurt in place of the mayo.



Serve this alongside your fish for dipping, or drizzle onto your family's favorite fish tacos.

Yum!


Now through April 18th you can catch the Gorton’s Smart & Crunchy Tour as they head across the country and stop at key retailers across the country. Currently the #GortonsTour is headed my way, the Pacific Northwest, to wrap up the tour in Seattle Washington April 17th & 18th.

They are spreading the word about Gorton's new Smart & Crunchy Fish Sticks and Fillets. Smart & Crunchy Fish Sticks and Fillets are made from 100% Alaska Pollock and are never fried, so they have 50% less fat than Gorton’s regular breaded fish sticks and fillets, but have the same great taste and crunch you and your family have come to love thanks to a seasoned panko crumb.

You can catch the tour progress on smartandcrunchy.com/tour. And plan to stop by and meet Smarty Crunchman, an adorable eight-foot tall friendly fish stick. Now that sounds like a great Instagram photo opp, doesn't it?

Is there a location near you?

Andrea
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!