This year I discovered crock pot applesauce. We are definitely hooked.
The house smells amazing, I can control the sugar and it is so easy! We will probably never buy jarred applesauce in our house again.
- I fill my crock pot with cored and sliced apples. I rinse my apples but don't peel them.
- Add 1 Tbsp. water and about 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- Set on low for 6-8 hours.
- I use the food and vegetable strainer on my Kitchen Aid. It will take out all the peels and leave the pureed sauce. The leftover pulp can go into the compost pile.
- I refrigerate and freeze my applesauce to be used as needed. Enjoy!