Monday, February 9, 2015

Print and Cut Valentine Pudding Cup Wrappers - February Silhouette Challenge


There has been a lot of Valentine's Day excitement in the house. My kids are talking about their class parties, ice cream sundaes, and what they want to make for their teachers this year. We are opting for paper beads, but I have a few surprises of my own for Saturday.

This month's Silhouette Challenge theme is Print and Cut. This is a handy technique to master, but it can also be frustrating. Getting everything designed, printed, registered and then cut out (where you hoped!) can be magically... if it all works out.

Today I wanted to share how I created these cute little pudding cup wrappers, so you could see the process for yourself.

First you need the pudding cup wrapper template. You might remember back before Halloween I shared my Halloween Monster wrappers and shared the full-color printable, but today I am also showing you how to make your own print and cut wrappers. To start, you will need my plain wrapper template.



Open up the template, or whatever you want to trace in Silhouette Studio. Under Object you will find the trace function. This tool really comes in handy for projects like this.



I selected the trace area. Yes, you will notice I only selected one of the wrappers. I prefer to create one wrapper and then group and copy more as needed. Once you have traced, choose outline and you can pull the rest of the image off to the side of your work space.


To fill an object, select the image and then go up and select fill pattern. I purchased this cute heart paper in the Silhouette store. My purchases show up at the bottom of my fill pattern gallery.

Then comes the most important part of creating a print and cut image, Registration Marks.


When you print a design on your printer, the registration marks help your Silhouette line up where to cut. The area of the mat shows up with an "xx" pattern on the screen. You must make your image or designs fit within this area. I took a peek at this point and decided I could fit in one more wrapper.

To finish I added a heart and the words "Crazy 4U". To get just the right shade of gold and red, I used the eye dropper color tool to get the exact shade from my paper pattern.



Then all I had left was to print out my wrappers on my printer, put that sheet with visible registration marks into the Silhouette. The machine looks for those registration marks and cuts accordingly.


So, what do you think? I hope you will try out some of these fun features on your own Silhouette and see how much fun making print and cut creations can be.

And this time around, I really don't mind not having to cut out all the pudding cup wrappers by hand! This is so much faster.


Want to Check Out More Silhouette Projects?

My Silhouette Challenge buddies and I are all sharing projects on our blogs today, so peruse the projects below for a wealth of Silhouette inspiration!

Print and Cut Rebus ValentineTigger Printable Heat Transfer T-ShirtLove You Valentine’s Jar {tutorial} + Print & Cut Blog HopValentine BINGO with {FREE} Printable and Cut FileDIY Conversation Hearts Temporary Tattoos{Heart} Dance!Custom Birthday Party Invitations using Silhouette's Print and CutMilk & Cookies Valentine's TreatPrint & Cut Valentine's Day BannerOld wooden box LovePrint and Cut Fabric LabelsBe Mine BannerLove is all you need - Print & CutValentine Journal CardsFree Printable: Snickers Valentine TagLabor & Delivery Nurse Thank You BagsValentine Robot Shirt with Print and Cut Heat Transfer VinylPrint and Cut Fish Valentines3D Print and Cut Magnets (And Tons More Silhouette Print and Cut Ideas)Baby Month Stickers with a FREE cut fileSuper Easy Print and Cut Journal Card ValentinesSimple Silhouette Valentine CardValentine Hugs and Kisses Canning Jar CraftFrozen Inspired TattoosBe My Valentine Mini AlbumPrint and Cut Valentine Pudding Cup Wrappers - February Silhouette ChallengePrint & Cut Birthday Invitations
1. Clever Someday // 2. TitiCrafty // 3. GingerSnapCrafts.com // 4. My Paper Craze // 5. Simply Kelly Designs // 6. Little Blue's Room // 7. Mama Sonshine // 8. Small Stuff Counts // 9. Dragonfly & Lily Pads // 10. GiveMeAPaintbrush // 11. Please Excuse My Craftermath... // 12. Barb's Life // 13. GetSilvered // 14. Lil' Mrs. Tori // 15. Minted Strawberry // 16. unOriginal Mom // 17. Where The Smiles Have Been // 18. Persia Lou // 19. Silhouette School // 20. From Whine to Whine // 21. DailyDwelling // 22. Creative Ramblings // 23. Paper Garden Projects // 24. It Happens in a Blink // 25. Perfectly Fabulous // 26. Adventures in All Things Food // 27. Create & Babble Andrea
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading your comments and questions. Let me know what you thought about my recipe or post. Comments are currently being moderated due to spam-tastic recent postings. I'll have your comment up shortly. Thanks!